Dr. Sylvia Villares is a pediatrician practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Villares is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Villares diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Villares can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Muscle sympathetic nerve activity and hemodynamic alterations in middle-aged obese women.
- Muscle metaboreflex control is diminished in normotensive obese women.
- Alpha2B-adrenergic receptor deletion polymorphism and cardiac autonomic nervous system responses to exercise in obese women.
- Effects of diet and exercise training on neurovascular control during mental stress in obese women.
- Weight loss associated with exercise training restores ventilatory efficiency in obese children.
- Exercise training associated with diet improves heart rate recovery and cardiac autonomic nervous system activity in obese children.
- [Cushing syndrome due to ectopic ACTH secretion].
- Calcium-dependent protein kinase-C activity in human adrenocortical neoplasms, hyperplastic adrenals, and normal adrenocortical tissue.
- Quantitative analysis by polymerase chain reaction of growth hormone receptor gene expression in human liver and muscle.
- Calcium and prolactin secretion in humans: effects of the channel blocker, verapamil, in the spontaneous and drug-induced hyperprolactinemia.
- Familial short stature with very high levels of growth hormone binding protein.
- Effect of glycemic control on growth hormone and IGFBP-1 secretion in patients with type I diabetes mellitus.
- Growth hormone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid in normal and pathologic human adrenocortical tissues--an analysis by quantitative polymerase chain reaction technique.
- Activating mutation of the stimulatory G protein (gsp) as a putative cause of ovarian and testicular human stromal Leydig cell tumors.
- Ny Medical College, Pediatrics
Dr. Sylvia M. Villares, MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60610Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60612Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sylvia M. Villares, MD | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sylvia M. Villares, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Villares
Get to know Pediatrician Dr. Sylvia M. Villares, who serves patients in Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Villares is a board-certified pediatrician who is devoted to ensuring the longevity of her patients’ health and developing long-lasting relationships with them. She takes her time to understand symptoms and give correct diagnoses to ensure the continued health of all her patients. At present, she can be found on staff at Presence Seton Family Health Center and AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago, both of which are located in Chicago, Illinois.
Presence Seton Family Health Center and AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago are a part of the AMITA Health system, which serves communities throughout the greater Chicago area down to Kankakee, integrating 19 hospitals, more than 230 outpatient sites, and the full spectrum of medical care for patients and their families from primary, immediate, and emergency care to advanced cardiology, neurology, and cancer treatments. “We are committed to providing quality care that is open, inclusive and compassionate, delivered with dignity and empathy for all. In sickness and in health.®”
The doctor is board-certified in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP), which is one of the 24 certifying boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties. Founded in 1933, the ABP is an independent, nonprofit organization whose certificate is recognized throughout the world as a credential signifying a high level of physician competence. Certification by the ABP has one objective, to promote excellence in medical care for children and adolescents.
After earning her undergraduate degree from the University of Central Florida, Dr. Villares went on to obtain her medical degree from the Universidad Central del Caribe in Puerto Rico. Upon graduation, she relocated to the United States to complete both her residency and fellowship in pediatrics at New York Medical College at Saint Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center.
Pediatrics is the branch of medicine that involves the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends people be under pediatric care up to the age of 21. As a pediatrician, Dr. Villares provides medical care to people ranging in age from newborns to young adults. She is trained to examine, diagnose, and treat children with a wide variety of injuries and illnesses through all of their developmental stages, as they grow and mature.
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- Autism and Communication: Debunking the Misunderstandings
Publishing several books, being a motivational speaker and being a passionate advocate - These are things most people dream of doing and being, let alone accomplishing them by the age of 25. Naoki Higashida has done all of these things. He’s an exceptional young man; he’s very smart, witty, and...
- What Is Chickenpox?
The causing factor of chickenpox and the ways of transmissionThe causing agent is a virus called varicella-zoster, which is an airborne and really contagious germ. It can be spread while coughing and sneezing, with little droplets of the mucus thrown from the nose and throat. Another way of catching...
- 5 Tips on Living with Strep Throat
Strep throat is an infection that causes sore throat or pharyngitis. It is usually called an infection of the tonsils and throat. Strep throat is caused by bacteria living in the nose and throat known as group A streptococcus. Just like other bacterial infections, you can get the disease from a...
- What is World Autism Awareness Day?
Just like everyone else, people with autism move through substantial life changes. Their quality of life depends on the foundation that was provided during their childhood. In addition, there is ongoing support revolving around their medical, educational, social and family needs. There is no single...
- A Guide to Recognizing the Early Signs of Shingles
Shingles, also known as herpes zoster, is a disease that occurs due to the reappearance of the varicella-zoster virus, which is the causative agent of chickenpox. Shingles usually starts with a skin rash. These skin rashes occur either in the form of a band or a strip covering a small area on your...
- Mrs. Jolanta Dziok M.D.7447 W Talcott Ave Chicago IL 60631
- Dr. Brenda Louise Giles MD FRCPC FAAP5721 SOUTH MARYLAND AVENUE CHICAGO IL 60637
- Dr. Luis F. Santiago MD5533 Cermak Road Cicero Illinois 60804
- Dr. Shanti Nair MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Mohammad Mahmud Khan MD661 Graceland Ave Des Plaines IL 60016
- Mr. Hector O. Bustamante MD1823 W. Chicago Avenue Chicago Illinois 60622