Dr. Martha Duque is a speech language pathologist practicing in ISABELA, PR. Dr. Duque specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Duque evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Duque helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Martha Eugenia Duque MS,CCC-SLP's Practice location
ISABELA, PR 00662Get Direction
Martha Eugenia Duque MS,CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Selma Velez matos LCDACARR 2 KM 83.5 INTERIOR BO CARRIZALES HATILLO PR 00659
- Mrs. Vilma Santiago PHLSEC. LAS CANELAS BARRIO HATO ABAJO ARECIBO PR 00612
- Mrs. Jakeline D Velez hernandez MS-SLPF-18 URBANIZACION VILLA SERAL LARES PR 00669
- Miss Jessica Rivera3 CALLE SAN JOSE LARES PR 00669
- Yesmin Acevedo mendez THLCARR 417 KM 2.0 AGUADA PR 00602
- Mara Gonzalez SLP17 CALLE BETANCES SAN SEBASTIAN PR 00685