Dr. Sahar S Barayan MD
Nephrologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Nephrology8505 Arlington Blvd Suite 100 Fairfax VA, 22031
Dr. Sahar Barayan is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Barayan specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
Education and Training
King Faisal University College of Medicine MD
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Nephrology
Dr. Sahar S Barayan MD's Practice location
Fairfax, VA 22031Get Direction
MADERA, CA 93636Get Direction
Dr. Sahar S Barayan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barayan
- How Can a Cardioverter-Defibrillator Treat Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure is a common condition affecting the muscles of the heart and peripheries of the body. It leads to inefficient pumping action from the heart, which in turn results in a lesser amount of blood reaching the various parts of the body. Being highly prevalent in people aged over...
- $5.8 Million Grant Given to Develop New Immunotherapy for Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer cells can be extremely tricky to get rid of, which makes treatment often expensive and prolonged. Researchers at the University of California San Diego recently received a 5.8-million-dollar grant from the state to develop a new form of immunotherapy for ovarian cancer.The StudyThe...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- Dr. Asha Moudgil MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Kanwal K Kher MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Kirtida Mistry MB BCH, DCH, MRCPCH111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Robert D Fildes MD3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Sun-young Ahn MD111 MICHIGAN AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20010
- Dr. Erin K Dahlinghaus M.D.3300 Gallows Rd Falls Church VA 22042