Dr. Jon Solis is a dermatologist practicing in Westerly, RI. Dr. Solis specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Solis diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Uniformed Services Univ Of The Hlth Sci- Bethesda Md 1985
Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences,Bethesda, Md, United States 1985
USUHS F E HEBERT SCH OF MED 1985
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine 1985
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Allergic Reaction
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Walter Reed Army Med Ctr, Dermatology; Dewitt Army Comm Hosp, Family Medicine
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Wilford Hall Medical Center (AETC) Military Only Program
Dr. Jon Stephen Solis MD's Practice location
Westerly, RI 02891Get Direction
Dr. Jon Stephen Solis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Solis
- What are the Topical Treatments for Psoriasis?
The most popular treatment options for psoriasis are topical applications, like creams, lotions, and foams. These formulations are applied on the skin or scalp directly to reduce the symptoms. There are a number of options available for the treatment of psoriasis are unique to each individual who...
- Candidiasis of the Skin: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
A candidiasis infection of the skin is caused by a fungus called Candida. A small number of Candida organisms are naturally found in your skin and do not cause any harm. However, under certain conditions, these Candida organisms can sometimes multiply and cause infection. The skin is one of the...
- 5 Things to Avoid if You are Prone to Acne
1. Sugar: According to research, high glycemic index (GI) foods (sugary foods) cause the body to produce a hormone called insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). This hormone tells the body to produce more sebum, which makes the acne worse. It makes pores appear larger as well. So simply switching...
- What Is Acne: Get the Facts
Acne is a condition that affects the oil glands of the skin. The pores connect to oil glands underneath the skin. These glands form an oily substance referred to as sebum. The pores then link to the glands via a canal known as the follicle. Inside these follicles, oil transports dead skin cells...
- What Is Lipoma: Causes, Lipoma Removal, and What’s Involved?
What is a lipoma?Lipoma is the most common benign tissue tumor that occurs in almost 1 percent of the population. A lipoma consists of mature fat cells. Typically, a lipoma is enclosed by a thin fibrous capsule. Usually, lipomas develop superficially under the skin, but they can also occur anywhere...
- What Is a PUPPP Rash?
IntroductionA PUPPP rash, also known as pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy, is a skin condition wherein pregnant women get a hives-like rash on their skin. These rashes or bumps are itchy and usually appear on the stomach or stretch marks during pregnancy, especially in the third...
- Dr. Radford Douglas Tanksley MD111 Salem Tpke Norwich CT 06360
- Dr. Annette Lupinacci Headley M.D.56 Whitehall Avenue Mystic CT 06355
- Dr. Robert B. Ecker MD491 GOLD STAR HWY GROTON CT 06340
- Dr. Vincent Criscione MD350 Kingstown Road Narragansett RI 02882
- Michael J Harwood Other41 East Ave Westerly RI 02891
- Mary ann Dionne Bentz Other425 Montauk Ave New London CT 06320