Dr. Jordan D. Metzl M.D.
Sports Medicine Specialist (Pediatric) | Sports Medicine519 E 72nd St New York NY, 10021
Jordan D Metzl, MD, is a sports medicine physician at Hospital for Special Surgery. With a practice of more than 20,000 patients, Dr. Metzl is widely known for his passion for sports medicine and fitness. ...
Education and Training
Univ of Mo, Columbia Sch of Med, Columbia Mo 1993
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1993
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine 1989
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Sports-specific concerns in the young athlete: soccer.
- An interesting case of infant sudden death: severe hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Pompe's disease.
- Strength training and nutritional supplement use in adolescents.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstructive surgery in adolescent soccer and basketball players.
- Sports-specific concerns in the young athlete: football.
- Sports medicine in pediatric practice: keeping pace with the changing times.
- Sports-specific concerns in the young athlete: baseball.
- The adolescent preparticipation physical examination. Is it helpful?
- Pediatric sports emergencies.
- Sports-specific concerns in the young athlete: basketball.
- Preparticipation examination of the adolescent athlete: part 1.
- Preparticipation examination of the adolescent athlete: part 2.
- Performance-enhancing drug use in the young athlete.
- Expectations of pediatric sport participation among pediatricians, patients, and parents.
- Patterns in childhood sports injury.
- Best Doctors in New York, New York magazine, 2009, 2010, 2011 2009
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinitis
- New England Med Ctr Hosps, Pediatrics
- Tufts Medical Center
- Tufts University
- Tufts Medical Center (New England) Program
- Vanderbilt University, Adult Sports Medicine
- Harvard Medical School, Boston Children's Hospital, Adolecent Sports Medicine and Dance Medicine
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tn
- Boston Children's Hospital
Dr. Jordan D. Metzl M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10021Get Direction
Dr. Jordan D. Metzl M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Metzl
- Touchdown For Lymphoma: Two Teams Put Rivalry Aside For a Cause
Everyone knows that some rivalries can get pretty heated - especially when sports are involved. However, two football teams recognize that there is something more important - supporting a girl with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Although she was a cheerleader for the football team, they are now turning the...
- Young Girl with Cystic Fibrosis Joins Her Favorite Softball Team
Emily Sorensen is all smiles as she wears her autographed BYU batting helmet, cheering on her new team on the softball field. For her mom, Yannie Sorensen, seeing her little girl energetic and excited is a priceless gift. Emily suffers from cystic fibrosis, and since she was a young child, she has...
- What Is the GOLO Diet
The GOLO diet is meant to help a person maintain their insulin levels to lose weight and increase their metabolic rate. Because of a higher metabolic rate, it also helps them increase their energy levels. Although, this diet does not work for everybody. To see if this diet works for you, here is an...
- The Signs of Strep Throat
What is strep throat?Strep throat is the most common form of bacterial infection of the throat and tonsils, resulting in inflammation and irritation. Strep throat is caused by different types of streptococcus bacteria. The severity of the condition differs from one type of bacteria to another. Not...
- Why do Migraines Make My Eyes Sensitive to Light?
What is a migraine?A migraine is a condition that is categorized as severe pain in the head. A migraine is when a person suffers a severe headache which lasts for a long period of time. The headache pains are mostly felt on one or both sides of the head. People also experience pain around the inner...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...