Dr. Jonathan D Christenbury MD
Ophthalmologist3621 Randolph Road Suite 100 Charlotte NC, 28211
Dr. Jonathan Christenbury is an ophthalmologist practicing in Charlotte, NC. Dr. Christenbury specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Christenbury can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Christenbury can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1980
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Dr. Jonathan D Christenbury MD's Expert Contributions
You may have decreased tear production and need testing as well as Punctal Occlusion, inceaed lubrucants, Restasis or Xiidra. Dr. C READ MORE
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Translacrimal laser dacryocystorhinostomy.
- Use of Proplast II.
- Blindness following blepharoplasty: two case reports, and a discussion of management.
- Tarsoconjunctival grafts for upper eyelid cicatricial entropion.
- Management of ptosis in chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia.
- Free autogenous "pearl fat" grafts to the eyelids.
- Medial entropion following orbital decompression for dysthyroid ophthalmopathy.
- A complication using a Crawford hook.
- A new lacrimal scissors.
- Birth Defects
- Dry Eye Syndrome
Dr. Jonathan D Christenbury MD's Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28211Get Direction
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- What is Eye Herpes?
What is eye herpes?Eye herpes, or ocular herpes, is a recurrent viral infection that affects the eyes. It is caused by herpes simplex virus type 1. It causes an inflammation of the eye, as well as scarring in the cornea.Eye herpes can be transmitted from one person to another when there is a close...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- What Is Astigmatism?
Normally, the eye, cornea, and lens can easily focus light rays on the retina. The disease known asastigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea, and it can produce a clear, round dome covering the iris and pupil.The cornea and lens remain smooth and are always curved equally in all...
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- Everything You Need to Know About Glaucoma
What is Glaucoma?Glaucoma is a medical condition that affects the eyes. It is characterized by high pressure in the eyes, leading to damages on the optic nerve, which can eventually impair your vision.Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. It can affect both men and women at...
- Dr. Stephen A Daugherty MD135 S Sharon Amity Rd Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. William A Branner M.D.4335 Colwick Rd Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. Miriam E. Ridley MD135 S Sharon Amity Rd Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. Strutha Charles Rouse M.D.135 S Sharon Amity Rd Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. Joseph Moore Biber M.D.135 S Sharon Amity Rd Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. David N Ugland MD135 S Sharon Amity Rd Charlotte NC 28211