Dr. Ajay Kher is a nephrologist practicing in Worcester, MA. Dr. Kher specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Kher most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- 2008Walter J Daly Outstanding Internal Medicine Resident
- MemberUMass Memorial Medical Group
- Indiana University Affiliated Hospitals 2006
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Fellow:Nephrology 2008
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Fellow:Nephrology 2011
Dr. Ajay Kher MD's Practice location
Worcester, MA 01655Get Direction
Indianapolis, IN 46202Get Direction
Dr. Ajay Kher MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Causes of Epilepsy
Epilepsy, also classified as seizure disorder, is a neurological disorder affecting the nervous system. A seizure is the result of electrical activity disturbance in the brain.There is no single cause for epilepsy for about half of the population with this condition. In other cases, the cause of...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- What is a Cluster Headache?
Headaches that recur two to three times during a short period of time are known as cluster headaches. This may last for few weeks, to months. These headaches often occur after sleep and recur throughout the day. It usually appears during the same time of the year, or season of the year. It may...
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- Dr. Matthew J Trainor M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Eric S. Iida MD55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Jahan J. Montague M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Marguerite A Hawley M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Maria B. Delrosario M.D.330 Grove St Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Mohammad Umair Zafar M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655