Dr. Jeffrey Alan Ditesheim M.D.
Plastic Surgeon | Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery9336 Blakeney Center Drive Suite 130 Charlotte NC, 28277
Dr. Ditesheim is board certified in plastic surgery, having trained at the nation’s top universities, including Harvard Medical School and Wake Forest University. He’s been in private cosmetic surgery ...
Education and Training
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1985
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
Dr. Jeffrey Alan Ditesheim M.D.'s Expert Contributions
For each woman, it is very important to select the implants that best fit your frame and body. Size, shape, position, pocket, and implant fill all influence the naturalness of the new breasts. This is the “secret of breast augmentation.” Jeffrey A. Ditesheim, MD, FACS READ MORE
The new silicone breast implants that are currently on the market (compared with the generation of silicone implants that were removed from the market in the 1990s) is a “gummy bear implant.” The silicone is more cohesive or solid. A cut into the implants does not cause the silicone to “run out” or bleed. It is a more solid internal material. Some refer to the anatomical breast implants which are even more cohesive as "gummy bear implants." It is called a gummy bear implant because, like the gummy bear candy, it is a stiff gel and not a liquid fill. READ MORE
Losing 120lbs is an amazing achievement. The excess skin is now the problem and it must be removed surgically. There is no other solution. It will usually take more than one operation. A plastic surgeon who has experience with patients like you will be able to advise you how to proceed. Good luck, Dr. Ditesheim READ MORE
If your nose surgery goes wrong, can it be corrected? Yes, BUT IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! Think about what happens when you decide to alter your favorite dress or suit. The seams are open, some material is removed. It is better in one area but too tight in another. But it just doesn’t lay right. Now trying to fix it with more “alterations” can make it worse. Once the nose is altered there are irreversible changes to the “material”. So yes you can make it improved if a nose surgery “goes wrong”. A much more complex procedure will be needed. My advice: If you want to change your nose, chose the best surgeon, be clear what you want to change and try and do it once. Good luck. Dr. Ditesheim READ MORE
- Computed tomography and diagnostic peritoneal lavage. Complementary roles in blunt trauma.
- Transforming growth factor-beta stimulates wound healing and modulates extracellular matrix gene expression in pig skin: incisional wound model.
- Fatal and disastrous complications following percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy.
- Short-term v long-term quality of life in children following repair of high imperforate anus.
- High imperforate anus--quantitative results of long-term fecal continence.
- Occult pneumothorax in patients with abdominal trauma: CT studies.
- Plastic Surgery
- Breast Augmenation
- Aquashape Liposuction
- Mommy Makeover
- Face Lift
- Board Member American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Mass Gen Hosp, Plastic Surgery; Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, General Surgery; Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Mass Gen Hospital
Experience & Accolades
- General Surgical Training and Research FellowshipVanderbilt University
- General Surgical Training and Research FellowshipWake Forest University
Dr. Jeffrey Alan Ditesheim M.D.'s Practice location
Charlotte, NC 28277Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey Alan Ditesheim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Side Effects of Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is a type of operation that involves the alteration of human tissue with the purpose of modifying the appearance. There are different types of plastic surgery. Each of these surgeries focuses on a certain part of the body.All of these types of plastic surgery are performed by...
- Gynecomastia- the Surgery for Man Boobs
What is Gynecomastia?If you are a male and if you have breast development, it is called as gynecomastia. This is a result of an imbalance in the hormones, estrogen and testosterone. Gynecomastia can affect either one or both breasts. Males going through puberty and elderly people can develop...
- Everything You Need to Know About Breast Augmentation
What is breast augmentation?Breast augmentation is a surgery that restores or increases breast volume using saline implants, silicone gel or fat transfer.Augmentation mammoplasty is another term for breast augmentation.Breast augmentation will:...
- How Effective is Laser Hair Removal?
Unwanted hair is a common cause of distress for both men and women. Many options are available for removing hair, including waxing, shaving, and tweezing. Laser hair removal is a popular cosmetic procedure in which a concentrated beam of light is focused onto the hair follicles and ultimately...
- Does Ultherapy Really Tighten Skin?
What is it?Ultherapy is the only FDA approved non-surgical procedure done to lift the skin of the neck, chins and brow. It is not a surgery; it is not an injection or laser. It is an ultrasound therapy. This technique uses ultrasound to guide the clinician to the directed are of the skin where they...
- Breast Augmentation: What are Saline Implants?
Saline breast implants contain germ-free saltwater. In case the shell of the implant ruptures, the saline implant collapses. Then the body absorbs the salty water and excretes it naturally. Women who are at least 18 years of age can have this FDA-accepted breast augmentation method. Women who...
- Mr. Vincent Voci M.D.2620 E 7th St Charlotte NC 28204
- Victor Ferrari MD1635 Matthews Township Pkwy Matthews NC 28105
- Dr. Victor Steven Ferrari MD1635 Matthews Township Pkwy Matthews NC 28105
- Dr. Adam Christian Augenstein M.D.11835 SOUTHMORE DR CHARLOTTE NC 28277
- Dr. Edward Joseph Bednar M.D.439 N Wendover Rd Charlotte NC 28211
- Dr. Joseph Paul Hunstad M.D., FACS4625 Piedmont Row Dr Charlotte NC 28210