Dr. Francis Roosevelt Gilliam MD
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology201 E Oak Ave Jonesboro AR, 72401
Dr. Francis Gilliam is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Jonesboro, AR. Dr. Gilliam performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- The buddy wire technique: accessing lateral coronary veins while maintaining coronary sinus position.
- T-wave oversensing in implantable cardiac defibrillators is due to technical failure of device sensing.
- Racial disparity in the utilization of implantable-cardioverter defibrillators among patients with prior myocardial infarction and an ejection fraction of <or=35%.
- Frequency, duration, and predictors of newly-diagnosed atrial fibrillation following dual-chamber pacemaker implantation in patients without a previous history of atrial fibrillation.
- Cardiopulmonary complications leading to premature deaths in adult patients with sickle cell disease.
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator electrogram adjudication for device registries: methodology and observations from ALTITUDE.
- Does change in device detected frequency of non-sustained or diverted episodes serve as a marker for inappropriate shock therapy? Analyses from the INTRINSIC RV and ALTITUDE-REDUCES Trials.
- Blockade of cardiac sodium channels by lidocaine. Single-channel analysis.
- Changes in epicardial coronary arterial diameter following intracoronary papaverine in man.
Dr. Francis Roosevelt Gilliam MD's Practice location
Jonesboro, AR 72401Get Direction
SUMTER, SC 29150Get Direction
Dr. Francis Roosevelt Gilliam MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gilliam
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...