Dr. David James Kennedy M.D.
Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)450 Broadway St Pavilion C, Mc 6342 Redwood City CA, 94063
Dr. David Kennedy is a physiatrist practicing in Redwood City, CA. Dr. Kennedy is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Kennedy focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Kennedy can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
University of Florida College of Medicine 2004
- H/dipeptide absorption across the human intestinal epithelium is controlled indirectly via a functional Na/H exchanger.
- Responses of bovine chimaeras combining trypanosomosis resistant and susceptible genotypes to experimental infection with Trypanosoma congolense.
- Inhibition of intestinal dipeptide transport by the neuropeptide VIP is an anti-absorptive effect via the VPAC1 receptor in a human enterocyte-like cell line (Caco-2).
- Structure, tissue expression pattern, and function of the amino acid transporter rat PAT2.
- H+/amino acid transporter 1 (PAT1) is the imino acid carrier: An intestinal nutrient/drug transporter in human and rat.
- Substrate specificity and functional characterisation of the H+/amino acid transporter rat PAT2 (Slc36a2).
- Overview of SHOT hardware capabilities and range of cell biology experiment designs.
- Vigabatrin transport across the human intestinal epithelial (Caco-2) brush-border membrane is via the H+ -coupled amino-acid transporter hPAT1.
- Efficacy and feasibility of a novel tri-modal robust exercise prescription in a retirement community: a randomized, controlled trial.
- Absence of CD36 protects against atherosclerosis in ApoE knock-out mice with no additional protection provided by absence of scavenger receptor A I/II.
- Functional rehabilitation of lumbar spine injuries in the athlete.
- Core self-evaluation as a predictor of strength training adoption in older adults.
- The role of core stabilization in lumbosacral radiculopathy.
- Pharmaceutical therapy for radiculopathy.
- Hematopoietic cell-restricted deletion of CD36 reduces high-fat diet-induced
- Chronic Pain
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- University Of Washington Medical Center
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- spine jourlReply to letter to the editor Morphologic changes2014
- PM & R : the jourl of injury, function, and rehabilitationShould antiplatelet medications be held before cervical epidural injections?2014
- ANESTHESIOLOGYNot All Injections Are the Same2014
- PM & R : the jourl of injury, function, and rehabilitationMedical marijua for failed back surgical syndrome2014
- PAIN MEDICINEOrigil Research Articles Comparative Effectiveness of Lumbar Trans2014
- PM&RDo Physiatric Procedures Represent a Value or Liability?2014
- PAIN MEDICINEVasovagal Rates in Flouroscopically Guided Interventiol Procedures2013
- PM&RPatient Satisfaction Surveys: Tools to Enhance Patient Care or Flawed Outcome Measures?2013
- PM&RCompounding Pharmacies: A Viable Option, or Merely a Liability?2013
- JAMA-JOURL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATIONUse of Spil Injections for Low Back Pain2013
- PM & R : the jourl of injury, function, and rehabilitationCorticosteroid choice for epidural injections.2013
- PM&RThe Need for Magnetic Resonce Imaging Before Epidural Corticosteroid Injection2013
- AMERICAN JOURL OF PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATIONProgrammatic Design for Teaching the Introductory Skills2013
- Gait & postureAssociations of self-report measures with gait0
- PM & R : the jourl of injury, function, and rehabilitationIt is the most common form of arthritis and the leading cause of disability in older persons2012
- PM & R : the jourl of injury, function, and rehabilitationConclusion.2012
- PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION CLINICS OF NORTH AMERICAThe Role of Core Stabilization in Lumbosacral Radiculopathy2011
- PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION CLINICS OF NORTH AMERICAPharmaceutical Therapy for Radiculopathy2011
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America.Preface Radiculopathy2011
- PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION CLINICS OF NORTH AMERICASacroiliac Joint and Lumbar Zygapophysial Joint Corticosteroid Injections2010
- SPINE JOURLUtility of the anesthetic test dose to avoid cat2010
- The Spine JourlUtility of the Anesthetic Test Dose to Avoid Cat2010
- PAIN MEDICINEParaplegia Following Image-Guided Transforamil Lumbar Spine Epidural Steroid Injection2009
- CURRENT SPORTS MEDICINE REPORTSCurrent Concepts for Shoulder Training in the Overhead Athlete2009
- SPORTS MEDICINE AND ARTHROSCOPY REVIEWFunctiol rehabilitation of lumbar spine injuries in the athlete2008
Dr. David James Kennedy M.D.'s Practice location
Redwood City, CA 94063Get Direction
Gainesville, FL 32607Get Direction
Dr. David James Kennedy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kennedy
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- Osteoporosis: Know the Causes
Osteoporosis is a condition that results in reduced bone density and enhanced vulnerability of the bones. The detrimental thinning of the patient’s bones combined with the development of weaker bone crystals makes them highly susceptible to fractures.Although osteoporosis itself doesn’t directly...
- What Happens During a Laminectomy?
What is a laminectomy?You may experience back pain that affects your day-to-day activities. Your doctor may recommend that you undergo a surgical procedure called laminectomy.Laminectomy is a surgical operation, in which the lamina is removed. This helps relieve pressure that is exerted on the nerve...
- Risk Factors for Osteoporosis
Risk Factors for OsteoporosisFixed risk factors are responsible for an individual’s vulnerability to osteoporosis. Unlike adaptable risks, they are factors that aren’t adjustable, including family history, age, and gender. People might also experience secondary factors that increase their...
- Dr. James Petros M.D.300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Meagan M. Littlepage M.D.300 Pasteur Drive Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Haleh Agdassi M.D.795 El Camino Real Palo Alto CA 94301
- Toby Ratanasiripong Other795 El Camino Real Palo Alto CA 94301
- Dr. Allen Shah M.D701 E El Camino Real Mountain View CA 94040
- Dr. Yung Chen MD101 S San Mateo Dr San Mateo CA 94401