Dr. Yashvir Sangwan M.D
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA, 70112
Dr. Yashvir Sangwan practices Pulmonology in New Orleans, LA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Sangwan manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Government Medical College Kottayam 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- St Elizabeth Health Center Program
Dr. Yashvir Sangwan M.D's Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70112Get Direction
Salisbury, MD 21801Get Direction
Dr. Yashvir Sangwan M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sangwan
- Prenatal Testing and Diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that is caused by a defect in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene. The CFTR protein is responsible for controlling the transportation of salt in and out of cells. Any mutations in the CFTR gene can cause an imbalance in the...
- Can Pleurisy Destroy My Lungs?
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is the inflammation of the thin pleural membranes that line the lungs.What happens in pleurisy?A thin membrane called the pleura lines your lungs. The pleura are double-layered membranes that line your lungs as well as the inner aspect of the chest wall. Between these...
- Can Asthma Develop in Adulthood?
In the not-so-distant past, researchers believed that asthma was a condition that always developed during childhood, and one that merely worsened in later adulthood. That theory has since been proven wrong, as asthma has begun to affect problem-free individuals in their thirties and later adult...
- Real Benefits of Salt Therapy for Cystic Fibrosis
Thanks to ongoing research into cystic fibrosis, physicians are now able to offer more treatment options than ever before. Many treatment options include medications and sometimes can be as intense as undergoing a lung transplant, but other methods are more conservative. Physicians have long sought...
- Everything About Bacterial Pneumonia: Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Management
What Is Pneumonia?Pneumonia is a tenderness or inflammation of the lung, upsetting the air sacs (alveoli) predominantly. It is normally caused by infectious elements such as bacteria and viruses. Risk components of pneumonia are comprised of other lung-linked diseases, such as COPD, asthma, heart...
- New Study: ADHD's Potential Impact on Cystic Fibrosis
Results from a recent study have shown that 15% of Adults with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) had definitive symptoms for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).While past research had shown a prevalence of anxiety and depression in adults with CF, the incidence of ADHD was described as...
- Dr. Henry Andrew Jackson M.D.4224 Houma Blvd. Metairie Louisiana 70006
- Dr. Nereida Alicia Parada MD1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. William W Borron MD1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072
- Dr. Michel J Lebrun MD1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072
- Dr. Christopher Mark Blais MD1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Elaine Lanasa MD1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072