Dr. Nicholas Sannella is a vascular surgeon practicing in Andover, MA. Dr. Sannella specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Sannella diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1971
Tufts University School of Medicine 1971
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Early and late obstruction of the small bowel after abdominoperineal resection.
- Obstructive jaundice and renal masses.
- Bilateral severe carotid stenosis or occlusion and computed tomographic scan positive hemispheric stroke with neurologic deficit: immediate contralateral carotid endarterectomy.
- "Idiopathic" deep venous thrombosis: the value of routine abdominal and pelvic computed tomographic scanning.
- Inguinal hernia and colon carcinoma: presentation of a series and analysis.
- Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm: a community experience.
- Abdominoperineal resection following anterior resection.
- St Elizabeth'S Med Ctr, General Surgery
- St Elizabeth's Medical Center Program
Dr. Nicholas A Sannella M.D.'s Practice location
Andover, MA 01810Get Direction
Dr. Nicholas A Sannella M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- What Specialists Treat Varicose Veins?
Veins that are twisted, engorged and noticeable are referred as varicose veins. They normally form in the legs, although they can also develop anywhere on the body. This condition is frequent. The signs and symptoms of varicose veins are not many. Mild, skin ulcers and blood clots can arise from...
- Dr. Gary James Pare MD380 Merrimack St Methuen MA 01844
- Dr. Paula M Muto MD100 Amesbury St Lawrence MA 01840
- Mr. Carl Bruce Ledig MD331 Highland Ave Salem MA 01970
- Dr. Noah A Rosen MD800 West Cummings Park Woburn MA 01801
- Dr. Edward R Jewell MD41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Laurence Patrick Young M.D.8 Prospect St Nashua NH 03060