Dr. Gene L Whitington M.D.
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology806 Estate Pl Memphis TN, 38120
Dr. Gene Whitington is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Memphis, TN. Dr. Whitington specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
- Congenital nonhemolytic icterus with damage to the central nervous system. Report of a case in a Negro child.
- Acid peptic disease in children with type I diabetes mellitus. A complicating relationship.
- Partial external diversion of bile for the treatment of intractable pruritus associated with intrahepatic cholestasis.
- Eosinophilic gastroenteropathy in childhood.
- The effect of short-term total parenteral nutrition on hepatic function in the human neonate: a prospective randomized study demonstrating alteration of hepatic canalicular function.
- Anterior sacral defects: an autosomal dominantly inherited condition.
- Comparison of antibiotic serum concentrations after intramuscular oxacillin and oral cloxacillin in children.
- Laparoscopic common duct exploration in a child with recurrent pancreatitis due to a primary fungus ball in the terminal common bile duct.
- John Gaston Hospital 1954
Dr. Gene L Whitington M.D.'s Practice location
Memphis, TN 38120Get Direction
Dr. Gene L Whitington M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Whitington
- Newborn Jaundice Prognosis and Home Remedies
Jaundice is a condition that causes yellowing of the skin and certain parts of the eyes. Your child will be checked for jaundice three days after being born. Nevertheless, you should watch out for any signs of the disorder after your go back home since it can take up to seven days to become...
- Orange Poop: A Sign of Celiac Disease?
Children play what they like wherever they want. Likewise, they are known to eat anything that they can get their hands on. Kids are known to possess such curious, impulsive, and playful traits, which can be tolerated by most. Yet, when they feel unwell, things are never okay; like this one instance...
- Are Infections at a Young Age Linked to Celiac Disease?
Men and women, regardless of age, may still acquire celiac disease. However, a number of factors can greatly augment the possibility for a person to acquire it. These factors include being biologically related to someone who has the said disease, as well as having HLA-DQ2 and HLA-DQ8 genes and some...
- What Causes Jaundice?
Jaundice is triggered by excessive bilirubin levels in the blood. This is sometimes referred to as hyperbilirubinaemia. An abnormal level of bilirubin in the bloodstream and body tissues causes a yellowish discoloration of the skin, mucous membranes and sclera.Bilirubin is a yellowish substance...
- IBD Severity in Children Can Be Predicted by Genetic Testing
The good news for children suffering from IBD and their parents is that a group of Norwegian research scientists has had a recent breakthrough in determining a new test to both diagnose and categorize IBD through the profiling of the bacterial composition of the large bowel.Inflammatory bowel...
- Gastroenteritis: What Is Oral Rehydration Therapy?
Most dehydration cases don’t warrant medical attention. Most of them can be treated through drinking plenty of fluids like water, baby breast milk, and baby formula juices. However, if the condition (gastroenteritis) becomes worse or doesn’t improve, you can turn to Oral Rehydration Therapy...
- Dr. Mark R Corkins MD51 N Dunlap St Memhpis TN 38105
- Dr. John R Whitworth M.D.806 Estate Pl Memphis TN 38120
- Dr. Linda F Lazar MD1910 Nonconnah Blvd Memphis TN 38132
- Dr. Ruby Mehta MD50 N Dunlap St Memphis TN 38103
- Dr. Cary Cavender M.D.2151 Highland Ave S Birmingham AL 35205
- Dr. Audra Suzanne Rouster M.D.920 Madison Ave Memphis TN 38103