Dr. William Ward Hurd MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Obstetrics1700 6TH AVE S BIRMINGHAM AL, 35233
As a specialist in reproductive endocrinology and infertility, I have had the pleasure of helping couples start families for more than 25 years. Infertility, as well as its treatment, is often an emot ...
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1979
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG- Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility- 1991
- Effect of cocaine on intracellular calcium regulation in myometrium from pregnant women.
- Occult bladder injury during laparoscopy: report of two cases.
- Is a third-trimester antibody screen in Rh+ women necessary?
- Hormonal treatment of an endometrial stromal nodule followed by local excision.
- Laparoscopic secondary port conversion using a reusable blunt conical trocar.
- Expression of protein kinase C isozymes in nonpregnant and pregnant human myometrium.
- Hematometra after thermal balloon endometrial ablation in a patient with cervical incompetence.
- Electroejaculation and assisted reproductive technologies in the treatment of anejaculatory infertility.
- Effect of carbon dioxide on human ovarian carcinoma cell growth.
- Magnesium sulfate inhibits the oxytocin-induced production of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate in cultured human myometrial cells.
- Postpartum seizure prophylaxis: using maternal clinical parameters to guide therapy.
- Allergic reactions to penicillin during in vitro fertilization and intrauterine insemination.
- Transcervical tubal cannulation: a comparison of two techniques.
- Magnesium sulfate induces translocation of protein kinase C isoenzymes alpha and delta in myometrial cells from pregnant women.
- Infertility, Gynecologic Surgery, Minimally Invasive Procedures And More
- Univ Ca Sf Sch Of Med, Reproductive Endocrinology; University Hosp, Inc, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- University of Cincinnati Affiliated Hospitals 1979
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of California, San Francisco 1987
- University of California / San Francisco, CA, Endocrinology, Reproductive 1987
Dr. William Ward Hurd MD's Practice location
Durham, NC 27713Get Direction
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. William Ward Hurd MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hurd
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids
Most women that have uterine fibroids do not experience any symptoms. And their condition doesn’t require treatment. Nevertheless, one in every female of childbearing age suffers from significant symptoms. The signs and symptoms associated with uterine fibroids might vary depending on size,...
- Can Bisphosphonates Stop Breast Cancer from Spreading to Bones?
Two years ago, at the age of 44, Susan Leonard was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer – a disease that affects over 260,000 American women on an annual basis. In order to keep her cancer from recurring, she had to undergo countless treatments, including chemotherapy, hormone therapy, a double...
- Fibroids: How Can a Hysterectomy Help Me?
Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that entails removal of the uterus or womb. Most women choose hysterectomy to completely resolve their fibroid-related symptoms. This treatment stops menstrual bleeding, relieves pelvic pressure, suppresses the frequency of urination, and prevents the growth of...
- Endometriosis: When Should I See a Doctor?
Endometriosis is a serious disease in which a woman tends to have an abnormal growth of the endometrial tissues outside the uterus. If you have any symptoms, you should see a doctor immediately. If you have pain during your period that is different than the previous cases, you can wait until the...
- What Conditions Warrant a Hysterectomy?
Upon reaching reproductive age, the womb (uterus) creates ideal conditions for pregnancy, gestation, and delivery of a baby. But many things can go wrong within the female reproductive system. Development of fibroid masses, outgrowths of the endometrial lining, and excessive vaginal bleeding are...
- Dr. Brian P Gleason MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Jacob Michael Estes MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Holly E Richter MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Warner K Huh MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Kenneth Hyunchung Kim M.D.538 Old Hillman Building Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Cynthia G Brumfield MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233