Dr. William C Spanos M.D.
Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. William Spanos is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Spanos specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Univ of Louisville Sch of Med, Louisville Ky 2001
University of Louisville School of Medicine 2001
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Cidofovir incorporation into human keratinocytes with episomal HPV 16 results in nonselective cytotoxicity.
- The role of human papillomavirus 16 E6 in anchorage-independent and invasive growth of mouse tonsil epithelium.
- Immune response during therapy with cisplatin or radiation for human papillomavirus-related head and neck cancer.
- Metastatic model of HPV+ oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma demonstrates heterogeneity in tumor metastasis.
- mTOR inhibition as an adjuvant therapy in a metastatic model of HPV+ HNSCC.
- Treatment of Peritonsillar Abscess in Immunosuppressed Patients.
- Determinants for substrate phosphorylation by p21-activated protein kinase
- Throat Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Oral Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Fellow American Head and Neck Society (AHNS)
- Fellow American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Member American Medical Association
- Member South Dakota Medical Association
- Member American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
- Microvascular Free Tissue Transfer: University of South Florida (Tampa, FL)
Dr. William C Spanos M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
Sioux Falls, SD 57105Get Direction
Dr. William C Spanos M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Spanos
- Mild, Moderate, and Severe Vertigo
Vertigo can vary from one person to another, sometimes being just a minor inconvenience and other times becoming a disabling condition. To address these differences, vertigo is classified either as a mild, moderate or severe vertigo. ...
- What Are the Risks of Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)One of the most carried out cosmetic surgery today is blepharoplasty. Sometimes, it is also performed for medical reasons. If your field of vision is blocked due to a sagging eyelid skin, then you might need an eyelid surgery. The primary goal of the surgery is to...
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Strep Throat
Treatments for Strep Throat Strep throat is a bacterial disease that affects the tonsils and the throat. It is an infection characterized by inflammation of the throat that leads to a sudden and severe sore throat, and is mainly caused by a bacterium known as streptococcus, hence its name, strep...
- Holistic Treatment for Sinusitis
Holistic Treatment for SinusitisHolistic treatments are natural remedies that are available for treating certain medical problems. There are quite a number of natural treatment options that are known to help ease a sinus infection. Such treatments include the following: 1. Apple Cider...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- What Could Halitosis Mean?
IntroductionHalitosis is also referred to as bad breath in layman’s term. Having bad breath can be embarrassing and may sometimes cause anxiety. Bad breath is commonly experienced by people. In fact, 1 in every 15 people experiences halitosis on a regular basis. Halitosis has a number of...
- Dr. Thomas Allen Simpson M.D.2615 Northgate Dr Iowa City Iowa 52245
- Dr. David K. Gallegos M.D.200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael Steven Telisak M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Erin K O'brien MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Sohit Kanotra M.D.1000 10th Ave New York NY 10019
- Dr. Bruce J Gantz MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242