Dr. Moustafa Said Ahmed M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology804 Toll House Avenue Frederick MD, 21701
Dr. Moustafa Ahmed is a gastroenterologist practicing in Frederick, MD. Dr. Ahmed specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Ahmed performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 2001
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acid Reflux
- Hepatitis C
- H. Pylori
- GASTROENTEROLOGY, GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, WASHINGTON DC, DC 2004
Dr. Moustafa Said Ahmed M.D.'s Practice location
Frederick, MD 21701Get Direction
Dr. Moustafa Said Ahmed M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ahmed
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Children's Film "Peter Rabbit" Under Fire for Controversial Scene Exploiting Food Allergies
The film Peter Rabbit is a modern take on the classic children's story. But, this film isn't without controversy. Parents of children with food allergies, and even parents of children with celiac disease, have recently decided to boycott the film altogether.But, why?It started when snippets from the...
- Inspiring Others with Crohn’s Disease through Bodybuilding
Adolescence and young adulthood are formative points in a person’s life. These are times when people are thinking about and beginning to plan for their futures while also forming life-long relationships and perhaps beginning to build families. Throw a chronic disease like Crohn’s or colitis in...
- All About Colectomy Prep and Recovery
For sufferers of Crohn’s disease or colitis, relief from pain and symptoms often comes from a variety of actions: a strict diet, steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, and even natural remedies.Over time, as the disease riddles the colon beyond the help of these methods, surgery may be the next best...
- What is Xanthan Gum?
Occurrence, Isolation Xanthun gum is an extracellular high molecular weight polysaccharide. It is obtained by microbial fermentation from Xanthomonas campestris and some other related micro organisms. The microorganism is produced on a medium which contains glucose, NH4Cl, and a mixture of amino...
- Heartburn: What to Eat and What Not to Eat
Heartburn is the burning sensation of the chest, which often feels like chest pain. This is one of the classic symptoms of acid reflux, and it is a result of acid into the esophagus. Acid reflux is the escape of acidic contents of the stomach through the lower esophageal sphincter to the...
- Dr. Kenneth Maxwell Brown MD501 W 7TH ST FREDERICK MD 21701
- Dr. Leonard E Kane M.D.85 Thomas Johnson Ct Frederick MD 21702
- Dr. Sean Edward Hunt M.D.310 W Ninth St Frederick MD 21701
- Dr. Chintamaneni P Choudari M.D.11110 Medical Campus Rd Hagerstown MD 21742
- Dr. Ali J. Husain MD310 W NINTH ST FREDERICK MD 21701
- Dr. Juan A Tayler M.D.1111o Medical Campus Road Hagerstown MD 21742