Dr. John Anthony Woltjen M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology100 Nw Mock Ave Suite 101 Blue Springs MO, 64014
Dr. John Woltjen is a gastroenterologist practicing in Blue Springs, MO. Dr. Woltjen specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Woltjen performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo, Columbia Sch of Med, Columbia Mo 1976
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Dr. John Anthony Woltjen M.D.'s Practice location
Blue Springs, MO 64014Get Direction
- Actress Jennifer Esposito Shares her Celiac Disease Misdiagnosis
Jennifer Esposito, the star of films like Crash and popular television shows like Spin City and NCIS, has been suffering in silent frustration for almost 25 years…until she found out about celiac disease from a doctor who would truly listen—and pay heed to what she was going through.Esposito...
- How Does Carafate Help in Treating Stomach Ulcers?
Most people blame stomach ulcers on the stress of modern day life or unhealthy eating habits. But whatever may be the cause, stomach ulcers are common but painful medical conditions to deal with. Stomach ulcers can be seen as sores that are found in the lining of the stomach and in the small...
- How do I Prevent Bloating?
Understanding what causes bloating is the best way to keep this condition at bay.The three most common causes of this condition are:...
- Gastroenteritis: The Signs and Symptoms
Gastroenteritis (also called gastro) is a common condition. According to statistics, 1 in every 5 people in the United Kingdom will develop gastroenteritis every year. However, most people will experience mild gastroenteritis that does not need medical attention. Nevertheless, most people who have...
- How to Diagnose Crohn's Disease and Colitis Through Blood Tests
At present, blood tests alone can not diagnose Crohn’s disease and colitis, but they are significant for the process to determine diagnosis, screening, and management of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. ...
- How Long Does It Take to Digest Food?
Digestion is when the body breaks down the food we consume into smaller particles to get absorbed into the bloodstream. The entire digestion process is divided into three different stages: oral, gastric, and intestinal.The Process of DigestionThe entire process of digestion is divided into three...
- Dr. Christopher R Bartalos DO20 NE SAINT LUKES BLVD STE 330 LEES SUMMIT MO 64086
- Dr. Todd Wesley Kilgore MD110 NE SAINT LUKES BLVD LEES SUMMIT MO 64086
- Dr. Scott W Grisolano M.D.3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Russell Wade Mccullough DO3601 Ne Ralph Powell Rd Lees Summit MO 64064
- Dr. Ryan Michael Taylor M.D.3901 Rainbow Blvd, Rm 4035 Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Esmat Z. Sadeddin M.D2301 Holmes St Kansas City MO 64108