Dr. Saurabh D Patel MD, PHD
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology300 Longwood Ave Gi/Nutrition, Enders Boston MA, 02115
Dr. Saurabh Patel is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Patel specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
Education and Training
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons 2005
- Cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion: sticking together as a family.
- Type II cadherin ectodomain structures: implications for classical cadherin specificity.
- A plant-like kinase in Plasmodium falciparum regulates parasite egress from erythrocytes.
- Inhibitory humoral responses to the Plasmodium falciparum vaccine candidate EBA-175 are independent of the erythrocyte invasion pathway.
- Plasmodium falciparum merozoite surface antigen, PfRH5, elicits detectable levels of invasion-inhibiting antibodies in humans.
- An adjustable gas-mixing device to increase feasibility of in vitro culture of Plasmodium falciparum parasites in the field.
- Ancient human sialic acid variant restricts an emerging zoonotic malaria parasite.
Dr. Saurabh D Patel MD, PHD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94118Get Direction
Dr. Saurabh D Patel MD, PHD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Patel
- The Common Dental Issues that are Associated with Celiac Disease
When compared to general population, those who have celiac disease seems to suffer from dental issues more commonly than those who suffer from other conditions.It is said that oral health is the window to a patient's overall health, and an experienced dentist would tell patients that almost any...
- Growing Concerns with Gluten Lead to Surge in Gluten-Free Magazines
Multiple Health Issues Discourage Gluten in FoodsCeliac disease, a genetic problem that causes the immune system to attack the small intestine where gluten is ingested, is now estimated to affect 1 out of every 100 people worldwide. It can be tracked due to a DNA marker which indicates its presence....
- Newborn Jaundice Prognosis and Home Remedies
Jaundice is a condition that causes yellowing of the skin and certain parts of the eyes. Your child will be checked for jaundice three days after being born. Nevertheless, you should watch out for any signs of the disorder after your go back home since it can take up to seven days to become...
- Cholera and Diarrhea
How Is Cholera Related to Diarrhea? Cholera is an infection that occurs in the small intestines. It is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. The disease is acquired through the intake of contaminated food or water. When an infected person defecates and then clean water comes into contact...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- What Is Jaundice: Get the Facts
Jaundice is the yellowish color that often appears on the skin of newborns. This condition develops when bilirubin builds up in the baby’s blood. While pregnant, the mother’s liver gets rid of the infant’s bilirubin; however, after birth, the child’s liver eliminates the bilirubin on its...
- Dr. Michael David Kappelman MD55 Fruit Street Yaw 6 Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Rachel L Rosen MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Susanna Huh MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Menno Verhave MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Harpreet Pall MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Alan M Leichtner MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115