Dr. Geraldine Koehler is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Lewisville, TX. Dr. Koehler specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Koehler is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Koehler are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
- Cellular communication.
- The emergency medical response to the Cantara hazardous materials incident.
- EMS dispatcher training in California.
- Conversion of a dental chair to an operating table.
- Medical response to catastrophic events: California's planning and the Loma Prieta earthquake.
- A computer simulation of a california casualty collection point used to respond to a major earthquake.
Dr. Geraldine A. Koehler D.D.S.'s Practice location
Lewisville, TX 75057Get Direction
Temple, TX 76508Get Direction
Dr. Geraldine A. Koehler D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Treatment Options for Hernia
Hernia occurs when an organ protrudes through an opening or a tissue that keeps it in place. There are several types of hernia including inguinal, incisional, hiatal, and more. While some hernias have visible symptoms such as a lump or acidity in stomach, others are asymptotic. The latter type of...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Dr. James Douglas Bates D.D.S., M.D.3001 Knox St Dallas TX 75205
- Dr. Robert Lawson Buckles D.M.D.4100 W 15th St Plano TX 75093
- Dr. Christine Jeanette Coke DDS,MD107 Suncreek Dr Allen TX 75013
- Dr. Robert Jason Pavelka D.D.S., M.D.400 S Cottonwood Dr Richardson TX 75080
- Dr. Larry Roland Stewart DDS, MS3713 W 15th St Plano TX 75075
- Dr. William J Starck DDS1850 Keller Pkwy Keller TX 76248