Dr. Wilfrid Raby is a psychiatrist practicing in Teaneck, NJ. Dr. Raby is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Raby diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Raby may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Raby treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- Gabapentin therapy for cocaine cravings.
- Gabapentin reduces cocaine use among addicts from a community clinic sample.
- Nucleus tractus solitarius innervation of supraoptic nucleus: anatomical and electrophysiological studies in the rat suggest differential innervation of oxytocin and vasopressin neurons.
- Dorsomedial medulla stimulation activates rat supraoptic oxytocin and vasopressin neurones through different pathways.
- Metastatic osteosarcoma of the kidney presenting as renal hemorrhage.
- Carnitine for valproic acid-induced hyperammonemia.
- Treatment of venlafaxine discontinuation symptoms with ondansetron.
- Psychiatric, Columbia University
- Case Western Reserve University, 1994
- Public Psychiatry
Professional Society Memberships
- Society for Neuroscience, College on Problems of Drug Dependence
What do you attribute your success to?
- He tries to listen carefully, detail oriented and good at solving problems.
Dr. Wilfrid Raby PH.D., M.D.'s Practice location
Teaneck, NJ 07666Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Wilfrid Raby PH.D., M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Wilfrid Raby PH.D., M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Raby
- 5 Tips on Living with ADHD
People suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) experience a lot of challenges. The symptoms associated with this condition can really be detrimental to an individual’s quality of life. However, being conversant with some useful tips on the management of such symptoms can be...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- How Does Saphris Work?
Mechanism of ActionSaphris is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in both adults and children ages 10 years old and above. The drug's exact mechanism of action is still unknown. However, it is believed that like other antipsychotics, it interferes...
- What are the Different Types of Anxiety?
What is anxiety?Individuals who have anxiety normally face stressful situations under normal circumstances, meaning, that they can become fearful and nervous completely out of context when a situation doesn't have any reason for these reactions. This is considered anxiety.Anxiety can be caused be a...
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- Dr. Maurice Masse MD7701 13th Ave Brooklyn NY 11228
- Dr. Helena Jasna Kukla MD120 North Main Street New City New York 10956
- Barbara Bartlick865 West End Avenue New York NY 10025
- Dr. Elena Bruck M.D.FIRST AVENUE AT 16TH STREET NEW YORK NY 10003
- Dr. Mariela Teresa Padro M.D.38 Winthrop Pl Staten Island NY 10314
- Dr. Wei Wang M.D.163 ENGLE ST STE 4A ENGLEWOOD NJ 07631