Dr. Ernest Block is a general surgeon practicing in Melbourne, FL. Dr. Block specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Block provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1986
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine 1986
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Surgical Repair, Trauma, Hernia
- Member CORPORATE INFECTION CONTROL COMMITTEE/ORLANDO REG. HEALTHC
- Member DEPARTMENT OF RESPIRATORY CARE/ORLANDO REGIOANL MED. CENTE
- Member TRAUMA QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM ORLANDO REGIONAL MED CENT
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Surgery Critical Care-Surgery; Albert Einstein Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia 1986
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System Program
- TRAUMA SURGERY, UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI/JACKSON, MIAMI, FL 1992
- SURGICAL CRITICAL CARE, UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI/JACKSON, MIAMI, FL 1991
Dr. Ernest Block MD's Practice location
Melbourne, FL 32901Get Direction
Melbourne, FL 32901Get Direction
Dr. Ernest Block MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- Femoral Hernia: Get the Facts
Our human bodies are a complex network of nerves, blood vessels, muscles, and visceral organs. While our skin is the outermost layer holding everything together, on the inside, it is a network of strong muscle fibers that hold all our internal organs in place. A hernia occurs when there is a weak...
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- Hydrocephalus: What Is It?
Hydrocephalus is a condition where there is too much cerebrospinal fluid in the head. It comes from the Greek words “hydro”, which means water, and “cephalus”, which means head. It is a component of several congenital health problems, but may be caused by head injuries, too. In some cases,...
- Dr. Diego Velarde MD7125 Murrell Rd Melbourne FL 32940
- Dr. Jason Mark Radecke MD14430 Us Highway 1 Sebastian FL 32958
- Dr. Jose G Mejia MD1421 Malabar Rd Ne Palm Bay FL 32907
- Dr. Aleksander Richard Komar MD2200 W Eau Gallie Blvd Melbourne FL 32935
- Dr. Mark Raymond Hanley M.D.655 S APOLLO BLVD MELBOURNE FL 32901
- Dr. Jeremy Saul Weinberger M.D.1223 GATEWAY DR STE 2B MELBOURNE FL 32901