Dr. Dean S Stern DPM
Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) | Foot & Ankle Surgery9669 Kenton Avenue Suite 550 Skokie IL, 60076
Dr. Stern has served as section head for podiatry for the Department of Orthopedic Surgery for the last 25 years at RUSH University Medical Center and RUSH North Shore Medical Center.
Dr. Dean S Stern DPM's Practice location
Oak Park, IL 60304 Get Direction
Glenview, IL 60025 Get Direction
Dr. Dean S Stern DPM's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stern
Outstanding In Every Way.
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- Plantar Fasciitis: Treatment and Therapy for Plantar Fasciitis
Meaning of Plantar FasciitisOne of the most common causes of heel pain is called plantar fasciitis. A flat band of ligament or tissue connects the heel bone to the toes. This ligament is called the plantar fascia, which also provides support to the arch of the foot. If the plantar fascia is...
- What Are Bunions?
A bunion is a small bony projection found at the joint of the toe on the foot. These are formed when the toe pushes against the other toes. This causes the joint to have an abnormal profile, which enlarges over a period of time. The big joint crowds the other toes of the foot resulting in pain. As...
- What It's Like to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
Adapting to a healthier dietA type 2 diabetes patient needs to shift from an unhealthy diet and adapt to a much healthier diet. The recommended diet for type 2 diabetes patients includes three healthy daily meals. A type 2 diabetes patient is at risk of developing cardiovascular problems, so the...
- What Causes My Ankles and Feet to Swell?
We often see the troublesome swelling in our ankles and feet, which affects our movements. Fortunately, this swelling is not very serious and you shouldn't worry about it if you are physically active. If swelling is associated with serious symptoms, it does require medical attention as it may be an...
- Being Diagnosed with Diabetes
The disease begins with a feeling of increased thirst, urination or unexplained weight changes. These symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor so as to get your blood sugar tested. If the blood sugar level is more than 200 mg/dL, consider performing a sugar test. If you are unsure of the...
- Neal Shukla DPM 3001 Green Bay Rd North Chicago IL 60064
- Dr. Vittorio Caterino DPM 5700 West Cermak Road Cicero Illinois 60804
- Dr. Martha F Thornton D.P.M. 409 NW 9th Ave. Aledo IL 61231
- Francis Rottier DPM 2160 S First Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Mark E Neamand DPM 621 Devon Ave Park Ridge IL 60068
- Dr. Thomas Carl Carr DPM 467 W Erie St Chicago IL 60610