Dr. Geoffrey Weinberg is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Rochester, NY. Dr. Weinberg specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1982
Indiana University School of Medicine 1982
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Acute retinal necrosis syndrome in a child.
- Question from the clinician: phages in infections.
- Postexposure prophylaxis against human immunodeficiency virus infection after sexual assault.
- Physician perspectives regarding pneumococcal conjugate vaccine.
- Phase 2 evaluation of parainfluenza type 3 cold passage mutant 45 live attenuated vaccine in healthy children 6-18 months old.
- Epidemiology of respiratory infections in young children: insights from the new vaccine surveillance network.
- A prion primer: transmissible spongiform encephalopathies.
- Question from the clinician: hepatitis B vaccine birth dose.
- Growth hormone deficiency and HIV infection.
- Pneumocystis carinii nomenclature: 2 misnomers are not better than 1.
- Parainfluenza viruses: an underappreciated cause of pediatric respiratory morbidity.
- Iron status and mortality in HIV infection.
- Rapid influenza testing for children adds little to clinical decision-making.
- Monoclonal antibody therapeutics and risk for infection.
- Pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics for the infectious diseases practitioner.
- St Louis Childrens Hosp, Pediatrics
- Mercy Hospital (St Louis) Program
Dr. Geoffrey A Weinberg MD's Practice location
Rochester, NY 14642Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Geoffrey A Weinberg MD | Infectious Disease Specialist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Geoffrey A Weinberg MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Weinberg
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- What Is Rubella?
Commonly known as German measles, Rubella is an infection caused by a virus and its symptoms include red rashes on the body along-with fever, headache, muscle pain, a runny nose. Sometimes, swollen nymph nodes can also be seen. It is a contagious infection and can spread from one person to...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- Dr. Julianne V Green MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Mary T Caserta MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Cynthia Christy M.D.1425 Portland Ave Rochester NY 14621
- Dr. Melanie A Wellington MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Francis Gigliotti MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Christopher M Oberholzer MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642