Dr. Sandra C Kim MD
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC, 27599
Dr. Sandra Kim is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Chapel Hill, NC. Dr. Kim specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Transforming growth factor-beta 1 inhibits non-pathogenic Gram negative bacteria-induced NF-kappa B recruitment to the interleukin-6 gene promoter in intestinal epithelial cells through modulation of histone acetylation.
- Zinc metabolism in adolescents with Crohn's disease.
- 15-deoxy-delta12,14-prostaglandin J2-mediated ERK signaling inhibits
- IL-10 gene-deficient mice lack TGF-beta/Smad signaling and fail to inhibit proinflammatory gene expression in intestinal epithelial cells after the colonization with colitogenic Enterococcus faecalis.
- IL-10 gene-deficient mice lack TGF-beta/Smad-mediated TLR2 degradation and fail to inhibit proinflammatory gene expression in intestinal epithelial cells under conditions of chronic inflammation.
- Interleukin-10 blocked endoplasmic reticulum stress in intestinal epithelial cells: impact on chronic inflammation.
- Dual-association of gnotobiotic IL-10-/- mice with 2 nonpathogenic commensal bacteria induces aggressive pancolitis.
- Enterococcus faecalis strains differentially regulate Alix/AIP1 protein expression and ERK 1/2 activation in intestinal epithelial cells in the context of chronic experimental colitis.
- Enterococcus faecalis metalloprotease compromises epithelial barrier and contributes to intestinal inflammation.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine Use in Children With Inflammatory Bowel Diseases: A Single-Center Survey.
- Connecting Families: A Pediatric IBD Center's Development and Implementation of a Volunteer Parent Mentor Program.
Dr. Sandra C Kim MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27599Get Direction
PITTSBURGH, PA 15224Get Direction
Dr. Sandra C Kim MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kim
- Probiotics May Not Relieve Constipation in Children
According to a new study published in the journal, Pediatrics, probiotics may not improve constipation in children more than any other dairy product that does not contain probiotics. This is different from the effect of probiotics in adults where it is supposed to give good relief from...
- The Common Dental Issues that are Associated with Celiac Disease
When compared to general population, those who have celiac disease seems to suffer from dental issues more commonly than those who suffer from other conditions.It is said that oral health is the window to a patient's overall health, and an experienced dentist would tell patients that almost any...
- Cholera and Diarrhea
How Is Cholera Related to Diarrhea? Cholera is an infection that occurs in the small intestines. It is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. The disease is acquired through the intake of contaminated food or water. When an infected person defecates and then clean water comes into contact...
- Is it Crohn's Disease or Just an Upset Stomach?
Do I have Crohn’s disease? You may have asked yourself this question a couple of times after experiencing symptoms like diarrhea and abdominal pain. To fully comprehend almost all the medical details surrounding Crohn’s disease, and possibly determine if you have the ailment, you need to look at...
- How Long Does the Stomach Flu Last?
What is a stomach flu?Gastroenteritis, also known as the "stomach flu" or "gastric flu", is the inflammation of the lining of the stomach and intestines. It is usually caused by a virus attacking the gastrointestinal system, although it can also be brought about by bacterial or parasitic...
- Studies Find that Avoiding Cow's Milk-Based Formula Does Not Reduce Celiac Risk
Food allergies are considered normal in modern society especially among children and infants, yet there are instances in which an individual can have a serious issue with consuming certain food products. These reactions are not always considered allergic reactions, and they can leave an individual...
- Dr. Michael David Kappelman MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Steven N Lichtman MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Narayanan Venkatasubramani M.D., MRCP., MBBS.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Ajay S Gulati MD130 Mason Farm Rd Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Francisco A Sylvester MD101 Manning Drive Chapel Hill NC 27514
- Dr. Tom K Lin MD2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710