Dr. Galina Nikolskaya, MD, is neurologist certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. She graduated medical school at Wright State University and completed her residency in neurology at the University of California San Diego. She then completed an ACGME accredited clinical neurophysiology fellowship at Harbor-UCLA where she became skilled in electrodiagnostics including electroencephalography, electromyography, nerve conduction studies, acquired additional expertise in neuromuscular disorders, epilepsy, VNS programming, and botulinum toxin treatment of various neurological conditions. She has an additional interest and experience in the headache and movement disorders having spent extra time learning from the accomplished headache and movement disorders experts in the field.She works in a private practice enjoying caring for her patients, managing a wide spectrum of neurological diseases and applying her extensive expertise to improving their health from a holistic perspective. Dr.Nikolskaya is also a volunteer faculty at Harbor- UCLA medical center. In her neurology practice, Dr.Nikolskaya uses a wholesome approach to her patient care and offers a unique blend of traditional western medicine with aspects of alternative eastern medicine. She enjoys getting to know patients on a human level and takes time to learn about patient's backgrounds, their physical and social needs, and then pinpoints what the root of the problem is. Her knowledgeable, personable and compassionate approach contributed to her winning recognition during a Spring 2017 HealthTap Best Doctor competition as the Top 1 Neurologist in the Orange Country Region. She is passionate about helping patients reach their wellness goals and believes in preventative care, thus will coach patients on appropriate health habits, advise on strategies for neurological well being that will work on a consistent basis. She firmly believes in giving the patients as much time as possible to express their concerns and does not end her appointment with any patient until all the questions have been addressed.
Education and Training
Wright State University / Main Campus 2010
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Volunteer Faculty Harbor - UCLA Medical Center 2016 - 2017
- Top 1 Neurologist in the Orange Country Region20172017 HealthTap Best Doctor competition
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Founder and President of 501(C)3 Humans Connect Foundation - develops programs for improving neurological health of children and adults
- Creator of Facebook Page Neurologist's Guide To Parenting
- Los Alamitos Medical Center ( Los Alamitos, CA )
- Lakewood Regional Medical Center ( Lakewood, CA )
Mrs. Galina Vladimirovna Nikolskaya M.D.'s Practice location
SAN DIEGO, CA 92103Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Mrs. Galina Vladimirovna Nikolskaya M.D. | Neurologist | Neurology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mrs. Galina Vladimirovna Nikolskaya M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Research Suggests Multiple Sclerosis Is Not a Combination of Diseases
Due to the fact that symptoms and progression rates of MS vary among patients with the disease, previous implications have been made to suggest that MS may involve a combination of two or more different diseases.New findingsMost recently, a study used computational simulations to assess whether it...
- Are You Suffering From Lewy Body Dementia or Something Else?
Facts you should know about LBD1. Lewy body dementia (LBD) is one of the most common types of degenerative dementia. Just like Alzheimer’s disease, LBD is a degenerative form of dementia that is caused by the presence of lewy bodies. This causes the unusual collection of a protein known as...
- Comedian Sir Billy Connolly Wants to Participate in Research for Parkinson’s
Sir Billy Connolly,75, is a Glasgow, Scotland-born comedian who has Parkinson’s disease. He was diagnosed five years ago and says the incurable disease dominates his life. He is no longer able to act or work on his comedy shows. ...
- Serious Gabapentin Side Effects
Serious gabapentin side effects can be threatening to one's health, so it should be used with doctor’s supervision. Some of its side effects include aggressive and suicidal behavior. Gabapentin is a drug prescribed to treat certain types of seizures and manage pain caused by nerve problems. It is...
- Why Does Alzheimer’s Progress More Rapidly for Some Than for Others?
Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive disease. Over a period of many years, symptoms will slowly become more severe, and a person’s overall condition will worsen. Each person experiences a different progression of symptoms over a different stretch of time, though many will experience slow-moving...
- Visual Hallucinations: Causes and Treatment
What is a Hallucination? You may be having encountered this word in a Science class when studying substance abuse. Is the just as it was defined in Primary School? Let us have a deeper look into this word, what causes it and its treatment among other issues concerning the same. A hallucination is...
- Dr. Nguyen Nhut Thong MD9940 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708
- Dr. Regina Berkovich MD1520 San Pablo St Los Angeles California 90033
- Dr. David Brown D.O.2708 S Rife Medical Lane Rogers Arkansas 72758
- Dr. David A. Gehret M.D.401 Old Newport Boulevard Newport Beach California 92663
- Dr. Rami G. Apelian M.D.1015 North First Avenue Arcadia California 91006
- Dr. Mindy L. Aisen MD7601 East Imperial Highway Downey California 90242