Dr. Kirk Howard is an anesthesiologist practicing in Wilmington, NC. Dr. Howard ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Howard also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Pa Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1985
Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania 1985
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Member North Carolina Medical Society
- Member North Carolina Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member New Hanover Medical Society
- Children'S Hosp-Philadelphia, Anesthesiology; Graduate Hosp (Tenet Hlth Sx), Internal Medicine
- Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania 1986
- Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatric Anesthesiology, PA, USA 1989
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Dr. Kirk A Howard MD's Practice location
Wilmington, NC 28401Get Direction
Dr. Kirk A Howard MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Charles Michael Hahn MD2131 S 17th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Virgil E Bean MD2131 S 17th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Amy V Isenberg M.D., MPH2520 Independence Blvd Wilmington NC 28412
- Dr. Judson Holt Evans MD2131 S 17th St Wilmington NC 28401
- Dr. Jenna E Black MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Jacqueline Masale Njapa MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642