Dr. Scott J Chanin DMD
Dentist | General Practice334 Route 31 Noth 1 Flemington NJ, 08822
Dr. Scott Chanin is a Dentist practicing in Flemington, NJ. Dr. Chanin specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, Prosthodontic, and Endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, full mouth reconstruction, among many others. Dr,. Chanin has had advanced training in Cosmetic dentistry and has earned a Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentisty, Fellowship in the International College of Dentists, Fellowship in the International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics, Accredited Member of the American Society of Dental Aesthetics and a Fellow of the American Socieity for Dental Aesthetics and Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. In addition Dr. Chanin is a Clincal Assoicate in Restorative Dentistry at the University of Pennslyvania School of Dental Medicine, as well lecturing at the school and on the Alumni board .
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania DMD 1983
Newark Beth Israel Hospital Chief Resident 1984
Dr. Scott J Chanin DMD's Expert Contributions
Yes, easily. READ MORE
It could be you have dry mouth or a lot of plaque. READ MORE
Your teeth can shift if you lose a molar. Have to determine what tooth is missing first and what teeth are around it. READ MORE
To see a good periodontist and get periodontal treatment done. We have saved teeth from periodontal disease for many, many years and it is better than having implants. READ MORE
It depends what kind of bridge and also the condition of your remaining teeth. I would look at a bridge as a restoration, not a way to damage your teeth. READ MORE
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Associate in Restorative Dentistry University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine 2018 - Present
- Fellowship in Academy of General Dentisty Fellowship in International College Dentisty
- Fellowship in the International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics Accredited Member in the Ameridcan Society of Dental Aesthetics
- Fellowship in the ASDA 2017 American Society for Dental Aesthetics
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Society for Dental Aesthetics
- International College of Dentists
- International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Mercer County Dental Society
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Alumni Association at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
Dr. Scott J Chanin DMD's Practice location
Trenton, NJ 08690Get Direction
Dr. Scott J Chanin DMD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chanin
- Dealing with Lupus Mouth Sores
What is lupus? Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disorder. If you have an autoimmune disorder, your immune system mistakenly attacks the healthy cells in your body, which causes inflammation. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, skin rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain,...
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- Wine May Prevent Cavities
Researchers from Italy's University of Pavia have revealed that red wine and white wine may fight against the bacteria that causes cavities. But the study was done invitro; it will be some time before this will be recommended as a method to prevent cavities.For this study, researchers used two types...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- Tips for Bad Breath
- Healthy Teeth for a Healthy Life
Studies have shown that infection and inflammation of the oral cavity correlates with other medical conditions, like a heart attack or dementia, and can cause serious health concerns over a period of time. Although the causes and effects between oral health and health conditions are not yet...
- WIlliam F. Scott DMD161 Washington Valley Rd Warren New Jersey 07059
- Dr. Loay Shadid Deifallah DDS13 WALL ST RARITAN NJ 08869
- Dr. Ralph E. Rogler DMD325 Naughright Road Washington Township New Jersey 7853
- Dr. Marjan Habibian DDS503 Plainsboro Road Plainsboro NJ 08536
- Dr. Svetlana Smirnova D.D.S.8 READING RD FLEMINGTON NJ 08822
- Dr. Janhavi Rane D.D.S.11 Schalks Crossing Road Plainsboro NJ 08536