Dr. Scott Chanin is a Dentist practicing in Flemington, NJ. Dr. Chanin specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, Prosthodontic, and Endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, full mouth reconstruction, among many others. Dr,. Chanin has had advanced training in Cosmetic dentistry and has earned a Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentisty, Fellowship in the International College of Dentists, Fellowship in the International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics, Accredited Member of the American Society of Dental Aesthetics and a Fellow of the American Socieity for Dental Aesthetics and Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. In addition Dr. Chanin is a Clincal Assoicate in Restorative Dentistry at the University of Pennslyvania School of Dental Medicine, as well lecturing at the school and on the Alumni board .
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania DMD 1983
Newark Beth Israel Hospital Chief Resident 1984
Dr. Scott J Chanin DMD's Expert Contributions
Your teeth can shift if you lose a molar. Have to determine what tooth is missing first and what teeth are around it. READ MORE
To see a good periodontist and get periodontal treatment done. We have saved teeth from periodontal disease for many, many years and it is better than having implants. READ MORE
It depends what kind of bridge and also the condition of your remaining teeth. I would look at a bridge as a restoration, not a way to damage your teeth. READ MORE
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Associate in Restorative Dentistry University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine 2018 - Present
- Fellowship in Academy of General Dentisty Fellowship in International College Dentisty
- Fellowship in the International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics Accredited Member in the Ameridcan Society of Dental Aesthetics
- Fellowship in the ASDA 2017 American Society for Dental Aesthetics
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Society for Dental Aesthetics
- International College of Dentists
- International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Mercer County Dental Society
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Alumni Association at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
Dr. Scott J Chanin DMD's Practice location
Trenton, NJ 08690Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Scott J Chanin DMD | Dentist | General Practice
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Scott J Chanin DMD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chanin
- What Could Halitosis Mean?
IntroductionHalitosis is also referred to as bad breath in layman’s term. Having bad breath can be embarrassing and may sometimes cause anxiety. Bad breath is commonly experienced by people. In fact, 1 in every 15 people experiences halitosis on a regular basis. Halitosis has a number of...
- What Is a Cavity?
A cavity is a result of tooth decay, which is a damage that occurs due to poor oral health and dental plaque on the tooth’s surface. Cavities usually start really small and when they are left untreated, they gradually become bigger. Anyone who has teeth, including babies, can develop cavities. For...
- When are Dental Crowns Recommended?
What is a Dental Crown?Dental crowns are used for saving damaged or broken teeth, as well as when a tooth requires a root canal treatment. In order for the dental crown to get attached to the tooth, the tooth needs to be reduced in size first.A dental crown is a prosthetic superstructure that...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machines: Full Face Masks, BiPAP, and ResMed S10
What is sleep apnea?Sleep apnea is a serious form of sleep disorder that occurs when a person's breathing is often interrupted while sleeping. The brain and other parts of the body do not get enough of oxygen when sleep apnea remains untreated. There are two main types of sleep apnea:...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- WIlliam F. Scott DMD161 Washington Valley Rd Warren New Jersey 07059
- Dr. Elizabeth Jean Herko M.P.H., D.D.S.475 N BRIDGE ST BRIDGEWATER NJ 08807
- Dr. Loay Shadid Deifallah DDS13 WALL ST RARITAN NJ 08869
- Dr. Ralph E. Rogler DMD325 Naughright Road Washington Township New Jersey 7853
- Dr. Marjan Habibian DDS503 Plainsboro Road Plainsboro NJ 08536
- Dr. Svetlana Smirnova D.D.S.8 READING RD FLEMINGTON NJ 08822