Dr. Thomas J Mcgarrity MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology500 University Dr Hershey PA, 17033
Dr. Thomas Mcgarrity is a gastroenterologist practicing in Hershey, PA. Dr. Mcgarrity specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Mcgarrity performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine
University of Virginia School of Medicine 1979
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Overexpression of epidermal growth factor receptor in Peutz-Jeghers syndrome.
- Peutz-Jeghers syndrome.
- p53 and APC mutations are detectable in the plasma and serum of patients with colorectal cancer (CRC) or adenomas.
- Barrett's oesophagus: the continuing conundrum.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis induced by alpha interferon and ribavirin treatment in a patient with hepatitis C.
- Herpes simplex-induced fulminant hepatitis in adults: a call for empiric therapy.
- Overexpression of cyclooxygenase 2 in hamartomatous polyps of Peutz-Jeghers syndrome.
- Correlation of staining for LKB1 and COX-2 in hamartomatous polyps and carcinomas from patients with Peutz-Jeghers syndrome.
- The hamartomatous polyposis syndromes: a clinical and molecular review.
- Improvement in quality of life measures in patients with refractory hepatitis C, responding to re-treatment with Pegylated interferon alpha -2b and ribavirin.
- Peutz-Jeghers syndrome: clinicopathology and molecular alterations.
- Psychosocial impact of Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome.
- Interspecies comparison of calmodulin binding proteins throughout the gastrointestinal tract: comparison with human colon adenomas and adenocarcinomas.
- Less common colorectal cancer predisposition syndromes.
- Alterations in lectin binding in the proximal and distal colon of Sprague-Dawley rats with 1,2 dimethylhydrazine administration.
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Gastroenterology, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center 1984
Dr. Thomas J Mcgarrity MD's Practice location
Dr. Thomas J Mcgarrity MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mcgarrity
- Why Patients' Role in Research is Crucial for Finding a Cure for Celiac Disease
When it comes to celiac disease, there is a lot that is known and a whole lot more that still remains a mystery. At a recent symposium called Beyond Celiac Research, experts came together to discuss what can be done to improve and increase research around celiac disease and possible treatment...
- How is Cholera Diagnosed?
How is Cholera Diagnosed?Cholera is an acute bacteria disease caused by a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Infection with the cholera bacteria can lead to severe vomiting and diarrhea and finally electrolyte loss or dehydration. If not treated, cholera can, in many cases, result in death.In order...
- IBD Severity in Children Can Be Predicted by Genetic Testing
The good news for children suffering from IBD and their parents is that a group of Norwegian research scientists has had a recent breakthrough in determining a new test to both diagnose and categorize IBD through the profiling of the bacterial composition of the large bowel.Inflammatory bowel...
- Two Sisters Create a Resourceful Gluten-Free Website
Diagnosed at 3 years old with celiac disease, Sara Kronenberg and her family had to make some big changes to their diets and embrace a gluten-free lifestyle. Thanks to her mother’s support and research that she did about living gluten-free, Sara and her older sister Emma became experts at...
- What Are The Risk Factors Of A Colonoscopy?
Colonoscopy is a medical procedure and like all medical procedures, it may have its risks. For a vast majority of patients, the benefits far outweigh the risks and also much can be done to minimize the risks.About Colonoscopy The colonoscopy procedure involves the use of a thin and flexible camera...
- Various Medical Conditions That Can be Treated by Protonix
Protonix usually works effectively to relieve symptoms such as acidity, swallowing trouble, and continuous cough. It helps reduce the acid build-up in the stomach and esophagus and helps prevent ulcers. In certain cases, you can also treat stomach and intestinal ulcers with the use of Protonix....
- Dr. Steven Peter Siegelbaum M.D.423 N 21st St Camp Hill PA 17011
- Dr. Paul Gray Lacey M.D.423 N 21st St Camp Hill PA 17011
- Dr. David S Mize MD423 N 21st St Camp Hill PA 17011
- Dr. Abraham Mathew MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Deborah M Bethards M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Joel B Haight M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033