Dr. Alaa A. Elbendary is an oncologist practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Elbendary specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Elbendary manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
University of Chicago Division of the Biological Sciences The Pritzker School of Medicine 1989
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Gynecologic Oncology (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Gynecologic Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- University of Chicago Medical Center
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago Program
- Duke University Medical College - Gynecologic Oncology
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center ( Saint Louis, MO )
- SSM Saint Joseph Health Center ( Saint Charles, MO )
- SSM DePaul Health Center ( Saint Louis, MO )
- Mercy Hospital St. Louis ( St. Louis, MO )
Dr. Alaa A. Elbendary, MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63141Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Alaa A. Elbendary, MD | Oncologist | Medical Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Alaa A. Elbendary, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Elbendary
- Is Ovarian Cancer Terminal?
Let’s answer the question first: It depends on the stage of the disease. There are four stages of ovarian cancer, and the third and fourth are the most dangerous. The bad thing is that most cases of ovarian cancer are diagnosed in the later stages of the disease, when little can be done to save...
- What Is Syphilis All About?
Sexually transmitted infections are one of the worst forms of infections transmitted from one person to another during sexual contact. There are various ways through which the infection can spread from one person to another, including vaginal sex, oral and anal sex. Sexually transmitted infections...
- Why Screening and Treatment for Gestational Diabetes is Important
Can gestational diabetes affect the development and growth of the baby? Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes only develops during pregnancy, and most of the time, gestational diabetes is diagnosed during the last stage of pregnancy. If someone is diagnosed with diabetes during the earlier...
- How Retaining One Normal BRCA Gene Influences Survival in Ovarian Cancer Patients
The National Cancer Institute reports that around 250,000 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 22,000 with ovarian cancer. While the survival rate among patients with breast cancer is significantly higher compared to ovarian cancer – the NCI reports about 40,000 of the...
- Fetal Development During the Third Trimester
Weekly developmentsWeek 28Baby’s eyes are open and are sensitive to light; eyelashes have formed. The wrinkles on the skin begin to smooth out due to the fat deposited in the skin.Week 29During this period, the baby’s bones are fully developed but not yet strong. The touch receptors are now...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Dr. Carl Freter MD3655 Vista Ave St Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Julie A. Margenthaler MD660 South Euclid Avenue St. Louis Missouri 63110
- Dr. Stephen P. Allen M.D.533 Couch Ave Saint Louis MO 63122
- Dr. Tanya Marya Wildes MD150 Entrance Way Saint Peters MO 63376
- Dr. Foluso Olabisi Ademuyiwa MDElm And Carlton St Buffalo NY 14263
- Dr. Saiama Naheed Waqar MD660 S Euclid Ave Saint Louis MO 63110