Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Luis Couchonnal is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Couchonnal performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Emory University Affiliated Hospitals 2005
- University of Iowa, General Cardiology
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Electrophysiology
Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
Omaha, NE 68124Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, MO 64114Get Direction
Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Couchonnal
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Brian Olshansky MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Michael C Giudici M. D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Michael G Kienzle MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- James R Hopson MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Bassam G. Wanna M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242