Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Luis Couchonnal is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Couchonnal performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Emory University Affiliated Hospitals 2005
- University of Iowa, General Cardiology
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Electrophysiology
Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
Omaha, NE 68124Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, MO 64114Get Direction
Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Couchonnal
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Brian Olshansky MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Dr. Nicholas H. Vonbergen M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Michael C Giudici M. D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Michael G Kienzle MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dwayne N. Campbell M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- James R Hopson MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242