Dr. Jeffrey R. Saffle MD
Trauma Surgeon | Trauma Surgery50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT, 84132
Dr. Jeffrey Saffle is a trauma surgeon practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Saffle specializes in both operative and non-operative management to treat life threatening, traumatic injuries. Some commonly operated areas include the stomach, colon, spleen and pancreas and trauma surgeons also work with other surgeons to stabilize patients in critical condition. Typically, trauma surgeons work in the emergency care area of a hospital.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1976
U Of Chgo Div Of Bio Sci Pritzker Sch Of Med 1976
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgical Critical Care
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Intestinal obstruction secondary to enteral feedings in burn trauma patients.
- Is immediate chest radiograph necessary after central venous catheter placement in a surgical intensive care unit?
- Assessment of tissue viability in complex extremity injuries: utility of the pyrophosphate nuclear scan.
- Burn center management of necrotizing soft-tissue surgical infections in unburned patients.
- The 2002 Presidential Address: N.P.D.G.B. and other surgical sayings.
- A comprehensive practice guideline is needed to make vaccination practices more consistent.
- What's new in general surgery: burns and metabolism.
- Systemic Candida infection in burn patients: a case-control study of management patterns and outcomes.
- Serial measurements increase the accuracy of laser Doppler assessment of burn wounds.
- Substance P axons and sensory threshold increase in burn-graft human skin.
- Tracheostomy in thermally injured patients: does diagnosis-related group 483 adequately estimate resource use and hospital costs?
- Gender influences on burn outcomes in the elderly.
- Lifestyle adjustments in elderly patients after burn injury.
- Energy expenditure in burns: let's measure something else.
- Defining the ratio of outcomes to resources for triage of burn patients in mass casualties.
Dr. Jeffrey R. Saffle MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
Dr. Jeffrey R. Saffle MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Saffle
- UTI Treatments
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are the second most common type of infection that can affect the body and the most common nosocomial infection. Given the prevalence of such a condition, you would also expect that there would be more than a few ways to treat them.Treatments for UTIs are available...
- Pneumonia: What is Oxygen Therapy?
Pneumonia: What is Oxygen Therapy?Oxygen therapy is special treatment that is aimed to provide extra oxygen for your body. Oxygen is a gas which is needed for your body cells to metabolize and also work well. It is a normal function for your lungs to absorb oxygen from an air mixture. However, some...
- The Benefits of Using Cannabinoid Patches to Ease Fibromyalgia Pain
A patient suffering from fibromyalgia knows all too well that the disease causes a life of constant inflammation and muscular pain. These symptoms can contribute to a wide array of other problems, including mood and sleep issues, resulting in a further degradation of the quality of life. Medicines...
- Ice Baths Relieve Sore Muscles
According to a new study ice baths are as effective as compression stockings and stretching to relieve soreness caused by an intense workout. “Ice bath reduced the muscle soreness by 20% and this was equivalent to other popular methods of recovery," says Chris Bleakley, PhD, a researcher at the...
- What is the Difference Between IBS and IBD?
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) both chronic conditions that can trigger similar symptoms, including abdominal pain and urgency to make a bowel movement. In the United States, IBS is extremely common, affecting around 25 to 45 million Americans. IBD is also...
- How Service Dogs Assist Dementia Patients
Throughout history, dogs have provided a wonderful service to those around the globe. In the most recent of years, service dogs have been found to assist in modern and healthy ways. These dogs are able to lend a way of support to those who are facing issues with dementia and other related illnesses....
- Dr. Toby Merrill Enniss M.D.30 N. 1900 East, Mreb 307 Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Daniel Vargo M.D.50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Stephen E. Morris MD50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Raminder Nirula MD50 N MEDICAL DR SALT LAKE CITY UT 84132
- Dr. Leigh Anne Neumayer MD50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Mark T Savarise M.D.50 N MEDICAL DR SALT LAKE CITY UT 84132