Dr. Amelia Keaton is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Keaton specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
University of South Carolina School of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Program
Dr. Amelia Anne Keaton M.D.'s Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19104Get Direction
ATLANTA, GA 30322Get Direction
Dr. Amelia Anne Keaton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- Are there any Alternative Remedies for the Treatment of Mumps?
What are the best remedies for fever and pain when you have the mumps?Mumps is a viral infection which causes pain and swelling in the throat and neck. It is common in children and youngsters.As the treatment for mumps, traditionally decoctions of healing herbs were recommended for little children....
- What Causes Meningitis?
Meningitis occurs when the meninges, the protective membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord, get inflamed or irritated. Meningitis is an outcome of certain bacteria or viruses entering the body when our immune system is weak.These bacteria and viruses live in the nose, throat, or the...
- Dr. Susan E Coffin M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Michael Evan Sebert M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104
- Dr. Jennifer Vodzak M.D.Erie Ave And Front St Philadelphia PA 19134
- Dr. Anat R Feingold MD3 Cooper Plz Camden NJ 08103
- Dr. Sarah S. Long M.D.3601 A St Philadelphia PA 19134
- Dr. Jason Kim M.D.34th & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia PA 19104