Dr. Tanya Martinez-fernandez practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Dallas, TX. Dr. Martinez-fernandez treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine 1997
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- 1996 Alpha Omega Alpha
- 2002 Clinical Research Grant from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - Project
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Member American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Member American Thoracic Society
- University of Puerto Rico Affiliated Hospitals 1997
- PEDIATRIC PULMONOLOGY, INDIANA UNIVERSITY RILEY HOSPITAL, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 2000
- Indiana Sch. of Med.-Riley Hospital for Children, Pediatric Pulmonology 2003
- Indiana Sch. of Med.-Riley Hospital for Children, Pediatric Pulmonology 2004
Dr. Tanya M Martinez-fernandez M.D.'s Practice location
Dallas, TX 75235Get Direction
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701Get Direction
Dallas, TX 75235Get Direction
Dr. Tanya M Martinez-fernandez M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Croup and Epiglottitis: What’s Their Difference?
Croup and epiglottitis are two conditions involving the anatomical structures located in the throat. These two conditions are almost similar because their symptoms replicate one another. Croup and epiglottitis enable a child to have breathing difficulties. Both are infectious conditions; however,...
- Asthmatic Bronchitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
IntroductionEvery time you inhale, air enters your nose and mouth, and then flows down the throat through the air passageways called as bronchial tubes. For the air to reach the lungs, these passageways need to be open. To transport the oxygen to the tissues of the body, oxygen is passed into the...
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...
- What Causes Croup?
Croup is a common respiratory problem prevailing in young children that tends to develop in the fall or winter. It describes a deep and barking cough that is caused by an upper respiratory infection that blocks a child's ability to breathe. Its characteristic symptom is harsh coughing...
- The History of Cystic Fibrosis
What is cystic fibrosis?It is a genetic disease that affects both young children and adults. It mainly affects the lungs and the digestive system. When a child inherits two copies of the genes responsible for cystic fibrosis, the child develops the disease.The complications associated with the...
- Croup vs. RSV: How Are They Different?
Childhood illnesses are very common and can strike at any moment. Croup and RSV are among the most common illnesses that can harm children.CroupCroup is a mild condition, usually nothing to worry about, but it can be scary for parents to witness. This common childhood illness often occurs during the...
- Dr. Felix Shardonofsky M.D.328 W Main Lewisville TX 75057
- Dr. Steven Craig Copenhaver M.D.8210 Walnut Hill Ln Dallas TX 75231
- Dr. Peter N Schochet M.D.6200 W PARKER RD PLANO TX 75093
- Dr. Pedro T Zevallos MD8344 E.RL THORNTON FWY. DALLAS TX 75228
- Dr. Preeti Bhatia Sharma M.D.5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75235
- Mr. Andrew Scott Gelfand M.D.8210 Walnut Hill Ln Dallas TX 75231