Dr. Katherine Finnerty is a speech language pathologist practicing in NEWTON, MA. Dr. Finnerty specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Finnerty evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Finnerty helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Katherine Finnerty's Practice location
NEWTON, MA 02458Get Direction
Katherine Finnerty's reviewsWrite Review
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Kristen Ciocci MS, CCC-SLP163 LIBBEY INDUSTRIAL PKWY WEYMOUTH MA 02189
- Denise Fournier Eng CCC-SLP9 HOPE AVE WALTHAM MA 02453
- Mrs. Manimegalai Rajagopal M.SC.CCC SLP111 SOUTH BEDFORD STREET BURLINGTON MA 01803
- Miss Jennifer Abramson MS CCC-SLP76 BEDFORD ST STE 34 LEXINGTON MA 02420
- Ms. Christine Hender M.S.5 N MEADOWS RD MEDFIELD MA 02052
- Luke M Griffith MS CCC SLP380 TALBOT AVE APT 111 DORCHESTER CENTER MA 02124