Dr. Risa E Sanders PH.D.
Psychologist | Clinical1313 Vincent Place Mc Lean VA, 22101
Dr. Sanders strives to create a warm and comfortable atmosphere where clients can express their feelings, clarify their goals and expectations, and develop the skills needed to achieve their fullest potential ...
Education and Training
Nova University Clinical Psychology 1983
- Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- School Issues
- Anger Management
- Stress Management
- Communication Skills Training
- Habit Control (internet, Spending, Etc)
- Organization/executive Function Issues
- Coping With Fertility Concerns
- Lgbt Concerns
- Workplace Performance
- Individual Therapy
- Couples Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Gifted And Talented Testing
- Member The National Register for Health Service Providers in Psychology 1985
- Member The American Psychological Association 1983
- Member The Virginia Academy of Clinical Psychology 2013
- Journal of Family PsychologyUsing qualitative methods to guide cllinical trial design: Parent recommendations for intervention2011
Dr. Risa E Sanders PH.D.'s Practice location
Mc Lean, VA 22101Get Direction
Dr. Risa E Sanders PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Insomnia? Get the Facts
Insomnia is also known as sleeplessness. It is a sleep disorder where people have trouble sleeping. Insomnia is caused by several factors. People with insomnia have abnormal sleeping patterns as well as daytime sleepiness, irritability, and a depressed mood. They may also have an increased...
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- Is Authoritative Parenting Healthy?
A Brief HistoryDiane Baumrind, a clinical and developmental psychologist, first defined authoritative parenting style in a system that classifies how parents raise their children. According to Baumrind, parenting has three major approaches, which are:...
- High School Runner Doesn't Let Autism Stop Him
Everyone has dreams to which they aspire. Sometimes life throws itself in the path and prevents someone from pursing their dream. Other times, by striving to fulfill, it’s possible to overcome difficulties which otherwise would have prevented progress.This is the case for Conner Stewart, a student...
- What is the Difference Between Anxiety and Depression?
All individuals, at some point or another in their life, undergo negative feelings like stress, sadness, anxiety, and depression. While these emotions are a normal part of everyone’s life, for certain people, they may turn into a serious medical condition that eventually impacts their quality of...
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Cognitive behavioral therapy, or CBT, is a psychotherapy that is used to dissect the thought process and feelings of an individual. This technique is utilized to understand why people who have a complex thought process and complex feelings, dictate their behavior. This psychotherapeutic method is...
- Dr. Hoorie Siddique PH.D.0 Chantilly VA 20151
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 Connecticut Ave NW Washington D.C 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD4809 St Elmo Avenue Bethesda MD 20814
- Dr. Katherine Grace MacLean PSYD1555 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington DC 20036
- Samira Joron-Badr20509 Morningside Terrace Sterling VA 20165