Dr. Avi Katz M.D.
Nephrologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Nephrology1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Avi Katz is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Katz specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
Education and Training
Tel Aviv Univ- Sackler Fac Of Med- Tel Aviv- Israel 1981
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Nephrology
- Fairview-Univ Med Ctr, Pediatric Nephrology
- University Of Minnesota
Dr. Avi Katz M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55454Get Direction
Dr. Avi Katz M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Katz
- Hospital-Acquired Infections Increases Mortality Rate in the ICU
According to the latest study presented at the 22nd European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, elderly patients treated with central catheter and/or mechanical ventilation devices in intensive care units are at a very high risk for getting hospital-acquired infections...
- Fat Injections Can Hinder Mammograms
Injecting fat from other parts of the body to augment breasts is becoming more popular than the traditional methods used for breast enlargement procedures. Studies have indicated that the injection of fat in the breast tissue can hinder mammograms.Two major studies published in the journal, Plastic...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Dr. William Frank Tenney M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. David J Askenazi MD1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Daniel Feig M.D., PH.D1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Mark R Benfield M.D.1425 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd S Birmingham AL 35205
- Dr. Sahar Aboul rahim Fathallah-shaykh MD1600 7th Ave So Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Lisa Guay-woodford MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233