Dr. Nazem Akoum is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Akoum performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Nazem W Akoum M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84132Get Direction
SEATTLE, WA 98195Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Nazem W Akoum M.D. | Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Nazem W Akoum M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akoum
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Nassir F. Marrouche M.D.50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Benjamin A Steinberg M.D., M.H.S.30 N 1900 E SALT LAKE CITY UT 84132
- Travis Scott Wall MD50 N Medical Dr Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Ravi Ranjan MD30 N 1900 E Rm 4a100 Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Dr. Stephen Joseph Rechenmacher M.D.30 N 1900 E Rm 4a100 Salt Lake City UT 84132
- Mihail Gabriel Chelu M.D., PH.D.50 N MEDICAL DR SALT LAKE CITY UT 84132