Dr. Mark John Ott M.D.
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology5169 S Cottonwood St Suite 400 Salt Lake City UT, 84107
Dr. Mark Ott is a surgical oncologist practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Ott specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1989
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- The effect of surgery and radiotherapy on outcome of anaplastic thyroid carcinoma.
- Metastatic patterns of extremity myxoid liposarcoma and their outcome.
- Prognosis and management of extramammary Paget's disease and the association with secondary malignancies.
- The outcome of surgical resection versus assignment to the liver transplant waiting list for hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Role of sentinel lymph node biopsy in the staging of synovial, epithelioid, and clear cell sarcomas.
- Enhanced recovery after colon surgery in a community hospital system.
- Variation in costs among surgeons and hospitals in Pediatric tympanostomy tube placement.
- Johns Hopkins Bayview M C, General Surgery
Dr. Mark John Ott M.D.'s Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84107Get Direction
Dr. Mark John Ott M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ott
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Women Are Able to Get Discounted Mammograms
All throughout the year, different health awareness campaigns take place. They allow individuals with certain health conditions - along with their loved ones, advocacy groups, and support groups - to join together around a common cause and offer support. During these times, educational and...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Alternative Treatments for Bladder Cancer
Alternative Treatments for Bladder CancerCancer occurs in various stages, and as it moves from one stage to another, it gets worse. Therefore, as the condition progresses, more effective methods of treatment have to be applied. At times, even two treatment methods can be applied together.In...