Dr. Rachel C Garner M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)619 19th St S Birmingham AL, 35249
Dr. Rachel Garner is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Garner specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Garner can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Garner can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 2008
- Gestational Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Uterine Prolapse
- UAB HOSPITAL
Dr. Rachel C Garner M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35249Get Direction
Tupelo, MS 38801Get Direction
Dr. Rachel C Garner M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Garner
- Which Specialist Performs a Hysterectomy?
In the U.S., hysterectomies are second only to cesarean deliveries among the most widely-adopted surgical practices, and the number of women opting to go under the knife exceeds half a million annually. Your choice of specialist for the surgery depends entirely on the nature and seriousness of the...
- Soy Helps to Manage the Symptoms Associated with Menopause
A new study that has been published in Menopause determined that soy may help women relieve symptoms caused by menopause. Experts suggest that it is still not clear whether or not soy can have beneficial effects on the heart and bones. Researcher Wulf Utian, MD, PhD, ScD, a consultant in women's...
- Is Ovarian Cancer Terminal?
Let’s answer the question first: It depends on the stage of the disease. There are four stages of ovarian cancer, and the third and fourth are the most dangerous. The bad thing is that most cases of ovarian cancer are diagnosed in the later stages of the disease, when little can be done to save...
- What is Cervical Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is a form of medical therapy that uses extremely low temperatures of about -110 degrees Celsius to help the body heal from physical exertion. Normally, this practice is done in a cryotherapy chamber that encloses the entire body from the neck down, but the same technology can be...
- Cloudy Urine During Pregnancy
Our body is like a machine that has parts with significant functions to perform. However, sometimes, there could occur some forms of abnormalities in the urine that could indicate the presence of a disease or other underlying medical conditions. Normal urine should appear clear or with a straw...
- How Can Multiple Myeloma Affect My Bones?
What is Multiple Myeloma?Multiple myeloma is a blood cancer that is also known as hematologic cancer. It is characterized by the uncontrollable multiplication of a certain population of plasma cells (also known as malignant plasma cells, or myeloma cells). Plenty of similar antibodies, known as...
- Dr. Cecil A. Long M.D.2006 Brookwood Medical Center Drive Homewood Alabama 35209
- Dr. Shannon Ellis M.D.800 St. Vincent Drive Birmingham Alabama 35205
- Dr. Alex Joseph Childs M.D.2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Mary Kathleen Ingram MD806 St Vincents Drive Birmingham AL 35205
- Dr. Cecilia Mcgilvray Stradtman MD2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Birmingham AL 35209
- Dr. Meaghan Rolland Bowling MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249