Dr. Bruce Shevlin MD
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology800 E Carpenter Springfield IL, 62769
Dr. Bruce Shevlin practices Radiation Oncology in Springfield, IL. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Shevlin specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Dr. Bruce Shevlin MD's Practice location
Springfield, IL 62769Get Direction
Dr. Bruce Shevlin MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shevlin
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- Alternative Treatment for Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer has become a common disease in men, especially those aged from 50 years and above. Having prostate cancer comes with its own effects that no one wants to be part of. Various symptoms accompany an affected prostate gland. Such symptoms may include pain when urinating, high frequency...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Radiation Therapy vs Chemotherapy
Radiation TherapyIn this method, the doctors will use gamma rays, x-rays, and charged particles that will be directed at, implanted, or introduced directly into the blood stream. In this form of treatment, you will find the three types of therapy that will all be described according to way they...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Dr. Daniel J Ferraro M.D., PHD701 N 1ST STREET SPRINGFIELD IL 62781
- Dr. Kimberly Sara Corbin M.D.701 N 1st St Springfield IL 62781
- Dr. Cathy L. Clausen M.D.800 E Carpenter St Springfield IL 62769
- Dr. Christopher M Bradbury M.D., PH.D.701 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Samuel Poriza Au M.D.301 N 8TH ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62701
- Dr. Parashar J Nanavati M.D.701 N 1st St Springfield IL 62781