Dr. Austin specializes in caring for children with problems in their urinary and reproductive tracts. He has expertise in minimally invasive treatments and robotic surgery in children. He treats child ...
Education and Training
Washington Center / School of Medicine 1994
Community Based Medical College 2000
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine 1994
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
- Cystic dysplasia of the testis associated with ipsilateral renal agenesis and contralateral crossed ectopia.
- Comparison of viral vectors: gene transfer efficiency and tissue specificity in a bladder cancer model.
- Editorial: inducible nitric oxide synthase in wound healing.
- Long-term outcome analysis of Starr plication for primary obstructive megaureters.
- Vesicoureteral reflux: who benefits from surgery?
- Vesicoureteral reflux: surgical approaches.
- Improved uroflow parameters and post-void residual following biofeedback therapy in pediatric patients with dysfunctional voiding does not correspond to outcome.
- Kidneys with reflux nephropathy maintain relative renal function after ureteral reimplantation.
- Calcification of glutaraldehyde cross-linked collagen in bladder neck injections in children with incontinence: a long-term complication.
- Improved efficacy of extended release oxybutynin in children with persistent daytime urinary incontinence converted from regular oxybutynin.
- Ultrasound-assisted repair of a unique case of distal vaginal agenesis.
- Symptomatic calcification of subureteral collagen ten years after injection.
- Patients with spina bifida and bladder cancer: atypical presentation, advanced stage and poor survival.
- Efficacy of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation in children with overactive bladder refractory to pharmacotherapy.
- DMSA renal scans and the top-down approach to urinary tract infection.
- Genitourinary Surgery (urologic Surgery), Genitourinary Disorders (urinary System & Male Reproductive Organs)
- Kidney Stones
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Member American Academy of Pediatrics - Section on Urology
- Member American Association of Pediatric Urologists
- Member American College of Surgeons
- Member American Urological Association
- Member Northwest Urological Society
- Member Society for Fetal Urology
- Member Society for Pediatric Urology
- Member Society of University Urologist
- Member Western Section American Urological Association
- University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics 1995
- Chldrns Hsp/Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA,, Urology 2000
- Pediatric Urology, University of Pennsylvania, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 2002
Dr. James Christopher Austin MD's Practice location
Portland, OR 97239Get Direction
Dr. James Christopher Austin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...