Dr. Nitin Karandikar is a pathologist practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Karandikar is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Karandikar can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Karandikar may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
B.J. Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra, India 1990
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Hematology Pathology
- The role of CTLA-4 in induction and maintenance of peripheral T cell tolerance.
- High prevalence of autoreactive, neuroantigen-specific CD8+ T cells in multiple sclerosis revealed by novel flow cytometric assay.
- CTLA-4 regulates expansion and differentiation of Th1 cells following induction
- Haematogones in the peripheral blood of adults: a four-colour flow cytometry study of 102 patients.
- Therapeutic induction of regulatory, cytotoxic CD8+ T cells in multiple sclerosis.
- Glatiramer acetate (GA) therapy induces a focused, oligoclonal CD8+ T-cell repertoire in multiple sclerosis.
- Transient regulatory T-cells: a state attained by all activated human T-cells.
- Immunophenotypic differentiation between neoplastic plasma cells in mature B-cell lymphoma vs plasma cell myeloma.
- Differential dysfunction in dendritic cell subsets during chronic HCV infection.
- Clinical responders to antiviral therapy of chronic HCV infection show elevated antiviral CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell responses.
- In vitro methotrexate as a practical approach to selective allodepletion.
- Human regulatory T cells: a unique, stable thymic subset or a reversible peripheral state of differentiation?
- Attack on the clones? Human FOXP3 detection by PCH101, 236A/E7, 206D, and 259D reveals 259D as the outlier with lower sensitivity.
- Decrease in the numbers of dendritic cells and CD4+ T cells in cerebral perivascular spaces due to natalizumab.
- Immunophenotypic studies of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance.
- Univ Tx Southwestern Med Sch, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Nitin J Karandikar MD PHD's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Dr. Nitin J Karandikar MD PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Dr. Cary Jocelyn Buresh M.D.1355 RIVER BEND DR DALLAS TX 75247
- Dr. Craig Edward Litz M.D.1355 RIVER BEND DR DALLAS TX 75247
- Dr. Gordon G Wang M.D.4350 Alpha Rd Dallas TX 75244
- Dr. Christina A. Arnold MD5201 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75235
- Dr. Rosemarie Matte M.D.110 E 7th St Lancaster TX 75146
- Dr. Qinwen Mao MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390