Dr. John Hammock is a hospitalist practicing in Quincy, IL. Dr. Hammock specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Hammock manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Hammock works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine 2002
- Heart Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
John David Hammock M.D.'s Practice location
Quincy, IL 62301Get Direction
John David Hammock M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hammock
- Different Approach to Mastectomy Can Provide 'Superior' Results
According to the results from a medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a two-stage process involving pre-shaping breast reduction, alongside risk-reducing mastectomy and reconstruction, is considered a safer approach with superior cosmetic outcomes.Mastectomy refers to a...
- Lab-Grown Human Colons Change the Face of Colitis Study
For the first time ever, scientists have been able to artificially create an organoid—a mass of cells and tissues—that accurately reproduces a naturally developed human colon. The research was conducted at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, and senior study investigator James...
- Is Dengue Fever Contagious?
Dengue fever is not contagious, and it cannot be spread from human to human or from animal to human by direct contact. It is not an airborne disease that infects you by inhaling polluted air. It is not a water-borne disease that can infect you by drinking contaminated water....
- Is There an Association Between Your Sleep and Testosterone Levels?
Among older males, less sleep is associated with low levels of testosterone, according to a recent study. Normally, the levels of the male hormone decreases with age, and in some men, this may result in a lack of energy or libido. Researchers noted that some men manage to maintain normal levels of...
- Are There Effective Treatments For Genital Herpes?
While there is no cure for genital herpes, there are several treatments that may be effective in providing relief for symptoms. Treatment is not only aimed at relieving symptoms but also helps to reduce the frequency of outbreaks. Certain treatments may even reduce the chances of transmitting...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Sasidhar Somuri M.D1005 Broadway St Quincy IL 62301
- Dr. Elyas Safar M.D.927 BROADWAY ST QUINCY IL 62301
- Dr. Hassan Haji-abdirahman MD612 N 11th St Quincy IL 62301
- Dr. Priyanka Silveira da graca costa MD612 N 11th St Quincy IL 62301
- Dr. Mojabeng Phoofolo M.D.1005 Broadway St Quincy IL 62301
- Dr. Angelo Llana MD1005 BROADWAY ST QUINCY IL 62301