Dr. Jayum Starks is a family practitioner practicing in Berkeley, CA. Dr. Starks specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Starks possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Davis- Sch Of Med- Davis Ca 1980
University of California 1980
- Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, Family Practice San Francisco Gen Hosp M C, Family Practice
- Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
- Cooper Hospital-University Medical Center Program
Dr. Jayum Starks M.D.'s Practice location
Berkeley, CA 94710Get Direction
Dr. Jayum Starks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Starks
- What Are Histamine Blockers and How Do They Work?
What are histamine blockers?Histamine blockers also called as antihistamines are medications that block or reduce histamine to stop the symptoms of allergy. Histamine is a chemical that is released by a type of white blood cell called mast cell in response to allergies or injuries. The cells that...
- What Is Asthma: Get the Facts
Asthma is a lung condition where the lung bronchioles constrict and get filled with mucus, narrowing the passage for air to pass through. It is a non-curable condition. However, the symptoms can be suppressed with proper medication, exercise (as prescribed by the doctor, or else, doing inappropriate...
- What Is Acid Reflux: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Acid reflux is a common condition wherein a person feels an internal burning pain in the lower chest area due to the stomach acid backflow into the esophagus (food pipe). Once in a while, acid reflux may be experienced. It is a common condition, which you should not worry about. However, if you...
- What Causes Blisters and How to Get Rid of a Blister
Blisters can occur for numerous reasons. Although they are not often serious, the appearance of blisters itself can be very off-putting. A blister is a fluid-filled bubble that develops under the skin. The watery liquid under the blister is often clear, which is called serum.When blisters break, the...
- Alternative Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism refers to the medical condition in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce an adequate amount of hormones. These hormones are extremely important in various body functions. Low levels of thyroid hormone may result in the characteristic symptoms of hypothyroidism. This condition...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Cheryl Bryant Bruce M.D.2 Upper Ragsdale Dr Monterey CA 93940
- Cheryl BryantBruce9722 MAcArthur Blvd Oakland CA 94605
- Dr. Bruce Olmscheid M.D.45 Castro St San Francisco CA 94114
- Miles Graber1768 Sonoma Ave Berkeley CA 94707
- Dr. Don Weinreich MD3000 Colby St Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Inocencio D. Candelaria M.D.2305 Camino Ramon San Ramon CA 94583