Dr. Allen Todd Smith DDS
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery1601 South Hawthorne Road Winston Salem NC, 27103
Dr. Allen Smith is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Winston Salem, NC. Dr. Smith specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Smith is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Smith are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center 1994
Dr. Allen Todd Smith DDS's Practice location
Winston Salem, NC 27103Get Direction
Dr. Allen Todd Smith DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Dr. Stefan John Simoncic D.D.S.601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Mark Alan Oghalai DDS1405 Westgate Center Dr Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Teresa Gehret Biggerstaff D.D.S., M.D.900 Old Winston Rd Kernersville NC 27284
- Dr. Mark T Shehan DDS1601 South Hawthorne Road Winston Salem NC 27103
- Carl Edward Peoples DDS1405 Westgate Center Dr Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Jason L Ringeman D.D.S., M.D.3020 Maplewood Ave Winston Salem NC 27103