Dr. Elizabeth Yan practices Radiation Oncology in Rochester, MN. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Yan specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
- Breast Cancer, Skin Cancer
- MemberMinnesota Medical Association/Zumbro Valley
- University of Alberta Affiliated Hospitals
- Clinical Research Fellowship - Alberta Heritage, Supervisor: Dr. J. Allalunis-Turner: Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Oncology, University of Alberta
- Clinical Fellowship - CNS: Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco
Dr. Elizabeth Yan MD's Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth Yan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- What Is Recovery Like for Radiation Therapy?
After undergoing radiation therapy, the patient will be instructed on what to do, the appointments to keep, and everything they will need to know to make a full and safe recovery. Recovery usually depends on a lot of factors, but the following are some of the important ones:...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- How Is Bladder Cancer Diagnosed?
In case you have symptoms of bladder cancer such as the presence of blood in the urine, you should see your doctor immediately. Your doctor will use many tests to possibly diagnose a bladder cancer and will also find out how far it has spread. Sometimes, bladder cancer may have spread to other parts...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Dr. Aamir Hussain M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Jessica Wynn rooney Sawyer MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Chunhee R Choo M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Sumita Bhatia MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Michael G Haddock M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Thomas M Pisansky M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905