Dr. Michaell Gunson is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Santa Barbara, CA. Dr. Gunson specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Gunson is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Gunson are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
- Re: Perception of facial esthetics: a comparison of similar Class II cases treated with attempted growth modification or later orthognathic surgery. Angle Orthod. 2003;73:365-373.
- Facial planning for orthodontists and oral surgeons.
- Oral contraceptive pill use and abnormal menstrual cycles in women with severe condylar resorption: a case for low serum 17beta-estradiol as a major factor in progressive condylar resorption.
- Esthetic treatment planning for orthognathic surgery.
- Drs. G. William Arnett and Michael J. Gunson on esthetic treatment planning for orthognathic surgery. Interviewed by Dipak Chudasama.
- Pathophysiology and pharmacologic control of osseous mandibular condylar resorption.
- Pathophysiology and pharmacologic control of osseous mandibular condylar resorption. Response to Dr Schwartz.
- Hydroxyapatite/Collagen Composite Is a Reliable Material for Malar Augmentation.
Dr. Michaell John Gunson D.D.S, M.D.'s Practice location
SANTA BARBARA, CA 93111Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michaell John Gunson D.D.S, M.D. | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michaell John Gunson D.D.S, M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Dystonia: What Does This Symptom Look Like in Parkinson's Patients?
We all know that tremors and slow movement are part of Parkinson’s, but what about contracting muscles, intense pain, and even limited mobility? For many, this is their reality and it’s caused by a disorder that is called dystonia. ...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Dr. Marc Howard Bienstock D.D.S., M.D.9 E Pedregosa St Santa Barbara CA 93101
- G william Arnett DDS9 E Pedregosa Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Dr. David C Hall DDS9 E Pedregosa St Santa Barbara CA 93101
- Jesse Lawrence Lanzon DDS, MD1500 E. Medical Center Drive Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Eric Michael Wallace DDS1515 State St Santa Barbara CA 93101
- James A Tamborello Other9 East Pedregosa Santa Barbara CA 93101