Dr. Sudha Kumar is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Kumar cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Lady Hardinge Med Coll- Univ Of Delhi- New Delhi- Delhi- India 1982
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine; Howard Univ Hosp, Pediatrics
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Howard University Hospital 1988
- Howard University
- Neonatology-perinatology, georgetown university hospital, Washinton, d.c, USA 1995
- Lady Hardinge Medical College
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics
What do you attribute your success to?
- To the values instilled in her by her family.
Hobbies / Sports
- Running, Yoga
Dr. Sudha L. Kumar, MD's Practice location
Fairfax, VA 22031Get Direction
Dr. Sudha L. Kumar, MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Robin Williams' Secret Battle with Lewy Body Dementia
What is Lewy body dementia?Lewy body dementia is a progressive neurological disease characterized by an abnormal buildup of proteins called Lewy bodies in the brain cells involved in memory, thinking, behavior, and movement. This protein buildup is also associated with Parkinson’s disease....
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- Dr. Robert Leroy Mcdowell M.D.4900 Massachusetts Ave Nw Washington DC 20016
- Dr. Leila Afshar M.D.111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Mohamed El-dib MD900 23rd St Nw Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Nina S. Menda M.D.111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Matthew E. Eig M.D.3300 GALLOWS RD FALLS CHURCH VA 22042
- Dr. Tong S Park M.D.3300 Gallows Rd Falls Church VA 22042