Dr. Robert Littlejohn is a pathologist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Littlejohn is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Littlejohn can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Littlejohn may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo-Kansas City Sch of Med, Kansas City Mo 1994
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- E Carolina Univ Sch Of Med, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; U Mo Ks City Sch Of Med, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Robert S. Littlejohn M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Robert S. Littlejohn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Dr. Michael D Curry M.D. PHD200 Portland St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Ronald Hansing MD800 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Jiafan Liu MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Gordon Sharp MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Ariel Goldschmidt M.D.Ma215 Medical Sciences Building Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. John Charles Lance DDS4005 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. New Bern NC 28562